Evelo's Bed and Breakfast, also known as "the Bell House" after the original owners, was designed by the mid-western architect William Kenyon for Dr. John and Kate Bell in 1897. The home has three stories and has one of the best preserved Victorian interiors in the Lowry Hill East neighborhood. The entire main floor is done in heavy dark oak millwork still in its original state. The gorgeous woodwork, corner fireplace and period furnishings provide guests with a warm and comfortable parlor. A rather unusual room is the dining room. It is a combination of a formal dining room and a conservatory with its room of windows on the south wall. Guests enjoy an expanded complimentary breakfast of fresh fruit, assorted baked goods, yogurt or cheese, coffee, tea and juices. The front porch with it's wicker furniture provides a perfect setting for relaxing or even enjoying breakfast. The three spacious guestrooms are located on the third floor, a fourth bedroom on second floor, each furnished with period furniture. Accommodations have been modeled after the English Bed and Breakfast arrangement, in that the two bathrooms are shared (one full bathroom, one half bath). Guests have available for their use a small refrigerator, coffee maker, private telephone and a small television in each room. Also available are numerous guidebooks, maps and magazines. All rooms have queen beds and two of the rooms have an additional single bed. Hosts provide guests with information on local restaurants, attractions in the city and easy directions to make their stay comfortable and enjoyable. Evelo's was selected by City Pages, a local weekly paper, as the Best B&B in the Twin Cities, Evelo's was also featured on WCCO TV newcast " Finding Minnesota".

BedandBreakfast.com

Location

Get Rates

Show Evelo's Bed And Breakfast at top of the results.

Get Flight + Hotel