Looking for a pleasant Epirus hotel where you can spend a memorable holiday? The Captain’s House is a family-run Preveza 4-star hotel in the heart of this historic city at the mouth of the Ambracian Gulf. The building now called The Captain’s House was built by Captain George Potamianos in 1896, the year of the first Olympic Games in Athens. The captain’s eldest son repurchased the property in 1973, and the family has recently restored it for use as a boutique hotel. Today guests enjoy relaxing in the ondas (traditional Epirot sitting area), or outside in the hotel's two exterior courtyards. A homemade breakfast buffet, complimentary with all accommodations, is served in the informal breakfast room and courtyard, while afternoon tea and drinks are available later in the day in the drawing room. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. The Captain’s House is located on the southern side of Preveza, 1 block from the waters of the Ambracian Gulf. Within walking distance are Mpalkou Square, the Androutsou Old Square, and the Prevezas Marina. In the area surrounding Preveza are the ruins of 5 ancient cities: Nicopolis, Vereniki, Kassopi, Elatreia, and Trikastron. To the south of the hotel are Monolithi Beach and the Aktio-Preveza Undersea Tunnel, which connects Preveza with Aktion National Airport (also called Lefkada Airport) and Aetolia-Acarnania.