IT Support Engineer
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate IT, the IT Support Engineer will be a member of a team responsible for configuring and troubleshooting end user computers and corporate IT services at KAYAK.com, a worldwide leader in Internet travel search. This is a great mid-level opportunity for the right candidate to gain hands on experience in a dynamic Internet company. A pleasant demeanor and a can-do attitude are a must for this position.
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Strong skills troubleshooting both Windows and OS X.
- Familiarity with MAC and PC hardware.
- Fluent in German and English and technical fluency in German.
- Strong TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS knowledge.
Additional Desired Skills or Experience
- Linux desktop or server knowledge.
- Coding or scripting languages.
- Terminal or command line interfaces.
- Experience configuring networking devices such as routers, switches and IP phones.
- Virtual Machine knowledge or administrator (Xen Server or VMware).
- Maintain Windows Server and related services (Active Directory, WSUS, NPS, etc...).
- Deploy new software and hardware to our employees.
- Provide software and hardware support to our employees.
- Manage the helpdesk ticketing queue.
- Provide first level support/troubleshooting for our web site during European business hours.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Independence: ability to identify and complete tasks on your own.
- Top-notch troubleshooter: ability to dive into issues, resolve them and find the root cause.
- Effective collaborator: ability to efficiently work with internal employees.
- Well organized: ability to manage multiple tasks and properly prioritize them.
- Ability to document your work and keep that documentation up to date.
- Strong desire to improve quality of life for fellow employees.
KAYAK is the best way to find hotels, flights, rental cars, and if it's April fools, dates. We compare hundreds of travel sites at once.