Data Analytics Engineer
KAYAK’s business is growing rapidly. Additionally, we’re launching increasingly dynamic products. Monitoring their success from a business perspective is essential. This position will reinforce KAYAK’s global Business Analytics Team, which is responsible for generating the metrics needed to monitor and optimize our products.
This position will reinforce KAYAK’s global Business Analytics Team, which is responsible for generating the metrics needed to monitor and optimize our products.
The ideal candidate will be someone who combines experience in data analytics, software development, and a good understanding of internet technology. This person should love working on parsing, analyzing, investigating, interpreting, modeling, visualizing, and extracting knowledge from large volumes of data. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Extract data from databases, write scripts to parse, clean, combine, and process them
- Generate and maintain dashboards and daily reports for our business
- Investigate anomalies within the data and identify patterns
- Define and implement KPIs in conjunction with the business team
- Develop data models and work with other Engineers and Data Scientists in improving our products
The position will be based in our Berlin office in Germany. The job requires close collaboration with our Analytics teams in Zurich, Switzerland, and Boston, USA, which means some business trips. Haven't been to Zurich or Boston yet? Now is your chance!
- University degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar
- Master's or PhD degree is a plus
- 3+ years industry experience
- Programming skills in at least 1 programming language (Python or Java is a plus)
- Excellent SQL knowledge, with Hive/Hadoop a plus
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and statistics
- Basic knowledge of Unix shell scripting
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written), additional languages are a plus
- Experience in the Travel Industry is a plus
- Fun, ethical, passionate team player
- Results-oriented, creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized and patient
- High enthusiasm and interest in working within a fast-pace, international environment
What KAYAK can offer you
- Bragging rights for helping improve the leading travel website
- No stupid meetings
- 6 weeks vacation
- Awesome food, great coffee
- Retirement and health plans
- Flexible hours
- Travel to our other offices in Europe and US!
- Game room, drinks, coffee, snacks, etc. in the office
KAYAK Software Corporation is a technology-driven company committed to making online travel better. When the cofounders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz started KAYAK in 2004, they didn’t just want to build another travel website – they wanted to take a better approach to finding travel online. Our websites (KAYAK.com, swoodoo.com and checkfelix.com) and mobile applications make it easy for people to research and compare accurate and relevant information from hundreds of other travel websites in one comprehensive, fast and intuitive display.
We are headquartered in Stamford, CT and have over 300 employees located in our offices in US, Switzerland, UK and Germany.
In 2013, we opened KAYAK’s latest Technology Center in Berlin. After setting out to find a home in Europe’s bustling tech hub, we found the perfect space in the historic Postbahnhof building in Friedrichshain, newly renovated and engineered to meet the need of our growing development and content teams.