Reports to: Data Ops Manager
KAYAK Software Corporation is a technology-driven company committed to making online travel better. Cofounders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz started KAYAK in 2004, and they didn't just want to build another travel website – they wanted to take a better approach to finding travel online. Our websites (KAYAK.com, swoodoo.com and checkfelix.com) and mobile applications make it easy for people to research and compare accurate and relevant information from hundreds of other travel websites in one comprehensive, fast and intuitive display. Since our commercial launch in 2005, KAYAK has experienced significant growth in both revenues and profitability. We are constantly innovating, developing new tools and services that improve travel, both in big ways and small, and we expect to continue to grow quickly over the next several years.
Working at KAYAK
KAYAK offers an international and entrepreneurial work environment, where employees can quickly take on responsibility and directly contribute to our growth and success. We are dedicated to building a team of talented individuals who will, as a team, help implement our growth plans.
Data operations in Berlin cover a wide array of tasks regarding data integration, QA and cleanups, with a focus on hotel, car and geographical data. This role is first and foremost for problem solvers who pay attention to detail while keeping the big picture in mind. The ability to crunch data and coordinate processes is essential. We need someone with an exceptional ability to review data consistently, identify patterns, spot issues and get them fixed. You must have a desire to verify and scrub data to perfection. Quality is key, in balance with efficiency. This is a task-oriented position; daily and weekly routines must be followed.
- Matching and merging of data. Training on in-house matching tools
- Daily tasks identifying, researching, verifying and fixing data issues
- Coordinating various data-related tasks on a team level
Experience and Skills
- Excellent English skills
- Skills in other languages or regarding other countries/cultures a huge plus
- Detail-oriented and organized individual
- Spreadsheet and filing knowledge, storing and organizing data
- Good communication skills for identifying and escalating issues
- Data experience, ability to find patterns in data that can cause issues
- Firefox, Safari, Chrome browser proficiency
- Skype, gmail, gchat to communicate with members of team
- JIRA, SQL database and Unix experience a huge bonus
- Candidates must be willing to live in Berlin.
- Workload: full-time, 40 hours a week
Interviews are ongoing on a rolling basis. Interviewers will have candidate in front of the browser; walking through related data problems.
Please apply with a short cover letter in the email body and your CV/resume in English in PDF attachment