Full-stack web developer, SEO
- Develop and support SEO features on KAYAK’s global web sites.
- Work on UI, Java middleware, and data backend as part of a 10 person team. Must be comfortable in full-stack, with primary focus depending on your specific strength.
- This position is based in our beautiful new Berlin Technology Center next to Ostbahnhof. The job requires close collaboration with engineering teams in Kaunas, Lithuania and Boston, USA.
- Top developers need top hardware – you will be issued a maxed out MacBook Pro Retina laptop to and two large 27” monitors.
- Team player who likes to engage with colleagues. Should be able to point to complex sites he or she has worked on, and speak competently about relevant web technologies. Need to pay attention to pixel-level details and take ownership of a project.
- Must be able to work effectively with a remote team and be self-motivated.
- Fluent in English, willing to travel.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Solid Java
- Intermediate SQL
- Good understanding of SEO
- Ability to debug full stack of web application
KAYAK is a technology-driven company committed to making online travel better. Cofounders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz started KAYAK in 2004, and they didn’t just want to build another travel website – they wanted to take a better approach to finding travel online.
Our websites (KAYAK.com, swoodoo.com, checkfelix.com) and mobile applications make it easy for people to research and compare accurate and relevant information from hundreds of other travel websites in one comprehensive, fast and intuitive display. Since our commercial launch in 2005, KAYAK has experienced significant growth in both revenues and profitability. We are constantly innovating, developing new tools and services that improve travel, both in big ways and small, and we expect to continue to grow aggressively over the next several years. We are headquartered in Stamford, CT and have approximately 300 employees located in our offices in Stamford, Boston, Berlin, Zurich, and London.