Localization Specialist Argentina
You love language, localization, technology and travel. You want to help us create awesome apps and websites. You like startups but want the security of an established team and product. You aren’t terribly allergic to dogs.
We are looking for full-time Localization Specialists to work together with our Engineering, Biz and Marketing teams to help build, grow and improve our international products. We care about localization. We care about product. You will be responsible for making sure that your sites and apps are the best they can be. Reports to: Manager Internationalization
- You want to live in Berlin
- Native speaker (Argentinian Spanish) with an excellent knowledge of English
- Higher education in a relevant field
- Demonstrated translation, localization or copywriting/editing experience
- Able to work alone and in teams. Plays nice with others.
- Web and mobile app literacy
- QA/Testing experience a plus
- SEO/Social Media/Content development experience a plus
You -> KAYAK:
- Translating and adapting new messages into your respective language with an eye to the KAYAK brand
- Working together with localization team to improve and iterate language, terminology, and style
- Testing your local website and mobile apps following a weekly test plan
- Identifying and fixing text based bugs using an in-house translation software-platform
- Identifying and reporting layout and functionality bugs using the JIRA bug reporting system
- Answering and following up on locale-specific user feedback
- Running monthly business analyses comparing KAYAK to the local competition
- Managing workflow, information, and processes between different teams and stakeholders
KAYAK -> You:
- Have a major impact on the shape and development of our international products
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Transportation allowance
- Catered lunch 3 times a week (+ drinks, snacks etc.)
- Cool people and an amazing office in the historic Postbahnhof building
- Great coffee. Seriously great coffee...
- A rooftop terrace with a view of the TV tower, Berlin Wall and Berghain
- Office dogs! Cat people also welcome...
KAYAK Software Corporation is a technology-driven company committed to making online travel better. When the cofounders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz started KAYAK in 2004, they didn’t just want to build another travel website – they wanted to take a better approach to finding travel online. Our websites (KAYAK.com, swoodoo.com and checkfelix.com) and mobile applications make it easy for people to research and compare accurate and relevant information from hundreds of other travel websites in one comprehensive, fast and intuitive display.
We are headquartered in Stamford, CT and have over 300 employees located in our offices in US, Switzerland, UK and Germany.
In 2013, we opened KAYAK's latest Technology Center in Berlin. After setting out to find a home in Europe's bustling tech hub, we found the perfect space in the historic Postbahnhof building in Friedrichshain, newly renovated and engineered to meet the need of our growing development and content teams.