Keep things running smoothly for our growing international team of 70+ as our Office Manager takes maternity leave. You will be the first point of contact, the helping hand and central nervous system of our new expanded Berlin presence.
Full time Office Manager from October 2014 until April 2015, taking responsibility for the day to day running of KAYAK’s Berlin office. Your main tasks will be administrative and organisational. You will deal with a variety of people and requests, from within and outside of the office. Confidence, patience and top communication skills in German and English are essential. In general, we want someone who can see ways to keep things positive and productive – makes sure stuff works so people can work.
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors, service people, building management etc.
- Process invoices and time-sheets
- Coordinate events and meetings
- Place orders for office supplies
- Help with HR tasks and administration
- In summary: Make sure that the lights stay on and that there’s enough caffeine and snacks to keep everyone happy. Help us build a better office.
- 2-3 years experience in office management / administration
- Technology: you don’t need to be a programmer – we have plenty of those – but experience with spreadsheets, email, calendars etc. is a must
- Able to manage a never ending stream of tasks, priorities and people, if not with a smile then at least without resorting to violence.
- Confident and clear communicator
- Fluent in German and English
- Must live in Berlin and be able to work here
KAYAK Software Corporation is a technology-driven company committed to making online travel better. When the cofounders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz started KAYAK in 2004, they didn’t just want to build another travel website – they wanted to take a better approach to finding travel online. Our websites (KAYAK.com, swoodoo.com and checkfelix.com) and mobile applications make it easy for people to research and compare accurate and relevant information from hundreds of other travel websites in one comprehensive, fast and intuitive display. We are headquartered in Stamford, CT and have over 300 employees located in our offices in US, Switzerland, UK and Germany. In 2013, we opened KAYAK's latest Technology Center in Berlin. After setting out to find a home in Europe's bustling tech hub, we found the perfect space in the historic Postbahnhof building in Friedrichshain, newly renovated and engineered to meet the need of our growing development and content teams.