We are looking for Java backend developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s big data framework. We maintain high quality data for our Hotel, Flights, Cars, and Vacations verticals as well as deliver content to our SEO and SEM teams. We have millions of hotel property records and images from over a hundred different hotel partners that power our world leading hotel search. You will be an essential part of a high powered team that keeps all of this running smoothly.
- Integrating with partner web services and data feeds to acquire content
- Improving the data framework to make this as efficient and as automated as possible
- Directly communicating with travel partners on technical issues related to their static data APIs, etc.
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field or related 5+ years professional experience
- Proficient in Java and major class libraries
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience with web service frameworks and API technologies (Apache CXF, JAXB, JSON, XSD)
- Self-driven and result oriented; You'll jump on a task and drive it to completion
- Comfortable in a fast paced startup yet value work/life balance and normal working hours
- You write clean code, love unit testing, and value readability over cleverness
What KAYAK can offer you
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous 401(k) matching
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Great deals on Hotels
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Yoga classes/Gym available
- Regular team events/excursions
- Free parking
KAYAK is the best place to plan, book, and manage your travels. We compare hundreds of travel sites at once.