Product Manager, Hotels & eCommerce
KAYAK is seeking a talented, experienced, and highly motivated product manager to join our UI team in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate should have expertise in developing travel and eCommerce products for top consumer web sites and should thrive in an agile, data-driven environment. This position reports to the SVP Technology, UI and eCommerce.
The ideal candidate will leverage a deep experience with travel and eCommerce products to define, design, deploy, and optimize hotel and booking features of our web sites. This role requires a strong understanding of consumer behavior, analytical skills, and the ability to work closely with KAYAK’s engineering, design, and business teams. The successful candidate will be an innovator who has a vision and iteratively rolls out features with detailed data analysis.
- Drive hotel product definition balancing business and user needs.
- Optimize check out path for flight, hotel, cars, and packages. Streamline user experience, improve conversions, add upsell and cross sell opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional teams serving as product and project manager, define feature specifications, manage the development, monitor deployment and quality, optimize features post launch.
- Design and analyze experiments.
- Measure product performance using business and user metrics, establish relevant reports.
- Interface with customer support to ensure that customer feedback is prioritized in a timely way.
- Work with business development, partners, and legal to optimize language and harmonize provider differences.
- Monitor the competitive landscape of hotel and shopping sites, identify and lead research needs.
- Communicate product status and issues to key constituents across the KAYAK organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated consumer mind-set with preference for a B2C background in travel or eCommerce.
- Specific experience in successfully developing and managing new products including a proven ability to champion products and drive to key decisions.
- Good business judgment, BS/BA required, technical background strongly preferred, MBA or equivalent experience a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills at all levels of an organization
- Highly detail-oriented and analytic skills absolutely required
- Ability to collaborate with teams across different cultures and timezones
What KAYAK can offer you:
- Major impact on KAYAK’s hotel and eCommerce products
- No stupid meetings
- 4 weeks vacation
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Gym with showers and laundry
- Game room, drinks, coffee, snacks, etc. in the office
KAYAK is the best way to find hotels, flights, and rental cars. We compare hundreds of travel sites at once.