Release Automation Engineer, DevOps
You are a release engineer and working on the devops team. Reporting to the Manager of Release Automation, the Release Automation Engineer is a key member of the team responsible for running development, build, test, and deployment systems for KAYAK.com, a worldwide leader in Internet travel search.
Release Automation bridges the gap between engineering and operations. Our goal is to make their jobs easier so that they may make our product better. We create, and grease, the rails the product rolls out on.
If operations has a long check list, we create code to remove or replace it. If engineers are unsure about a build status, we create a portal for them to find it faster. If QA is waiting on builds to complete, we find ways to make the builds faster.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Administration of Ubuntu & CentOS Linux build environment.
- Developing tools to facilitate build, test, and deploy code.
- Creating and maintaining build plans for various product stages.
- Operation of Selenium test automation environments.
- Identifying bottlenecks in current processes and proposing solutions.
- Some availability off-hours for emergency situations.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- 3+ years programming experience (java and/or ruby preferred).
- 3+ years experience with Linux administration (CentOS/Redhat preferred)
- Experience with virtualization environments, like Xen or VMWare.
- Strong knowledge of source control systems (svn, git, etc…)
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience developing Puppet configuration management software.
- Experience implementing and configuring monitoring tools (nagios, etc.)
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, Jira, Stash, etc.)
The successful candidate will have the following attributes
- Strong desire to improve quality of life for fellow employees.
- Ability to identify, scope and complete tasks independently.
- Clear, concise, and effective collaborator.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality.
What KAYAK can offer you
- No stupid meetings
- 4 weeks vacation
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Gym with showers and laundry
- Game room, drinks, coffee, snacks, etc. in the office
KAYAK is the best way to find hotels, flights, and rental cars. We compare hundreds of travel sites at once.