Would you like to save as your currency permanently or for this visit only?
An imposing Pub located adjacent the picturesque village green. A family run Hotel and pub. We have 6 en-suite rooms shower rooms which have been stylishly designed. Double rooms have a giant 6 foot beds, twin rooms have 2 single beds. All rooms have tea & coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board and a 32 inch plasma colour TV with HD freeview. English breakfast is included and it is served in the restaurant area from 7:15am to 10:30am Monday to Saturday and 8am to 10:30am Sunday. We can accommodate a child sleeping on a Z bed at an additional cost of £10, please contact us for availability. The Kings Head has an exciting atmosphere with traditional beers, real ale and wines available to compliment the extensive menu. The menu has a good selection of starters, traditional and a la carte main courses to temp every taste bud. Free Wi-Fi available We have a very large car par at the rear. Ideally situated for walks and local historical attractions. The ambiance of the pub and restaurant is warm and cosy with the flicker of candle light and easy listening music, with warm and welcoming staff to serve you. Suitable for any occasion and any age group. Local Attractions in the area: The Causey Arch Picnic area The world s oldest surviving railway bridge built 1725-6 stands over a rocky gorge. Woodland walks and access to Tanfield Railway. Beamish Open Air Museam Visit the town, colliery village, working farm, Pockerley Manor and 1825 railway, recreating life in the North East in the early 1800s and 1900s. DiggerLand An adventure park based on diggers where children of all ages can ride and drive diggers. A wonderful place for family fun. Lanchester Valley Walk The Railway Path provides an ideal way of exploring the countryside of the Lanchester Valley and beyond. It is suitable for walking, cycling and horse riding. The railway was originally built to carry iron ore to Consett Steelworks and coal from Langley Park. It opened as a passenger service in 1862 and closed altogether in 1965. Along the route there are many points of interest. These include: Beau Repaire, a former monks retreat, can be viewed from the railway path as it passes nearby the village of Bearpark which takes its name from this site. Lanchester Roman Fort was located on the major Roman supply route Dere Street. There is no public access to the Fort as it is on private land. However it can be seen from the lay-by on the B6296 Lanchester-Satley road (0.7 km from the railway path). Hurbuck Embankment is a large embankment constructed using colliery waste. The former wooden Knitsley Viaduct which was used until 1915, still exists, buried beneath the embankment. The Lanchester Valley Railway Path is approximately 19.5 km (12 miles) long. It begins at Broompark Picnic Area where it meets two other railway paths The Consett to Sunderland Cycle Route Twenty-mile, traffic-free cycle route, using former railway lines. Abundant flora and fauna and many works of art. art. Forms part of C2C Whitehaven to Sunderland route