The Lexington is more than a restaurant, it’s an institution. Located on the corner of Lexington Parkway and Grand Avenue, this St. Paul community was the most fashionable at the turn of the 19th century. The St. Paul elite lived just blocks away and the first electric trolley brought visitors up and down Grand Avenue. The Lexington opened in 1935, after the end of prohibition, and was a popular neighborhood bar to gather and socialize. Previously operating as a speakeasy, the expansive wood panels were perfect for hiding a little booze and one can only imagine the shenanigans going on beyond the hidden staircase behind the coat check. For decades following, The Lex, as it’s called by locals and enthusiasts alike, was the place to be seen; business dealings, cocktail hours, and milestone celebrations were a regular occurrence for St. Paul socialites.