Would you like to save as your currency permanently or for this visit only?
“Alexa, ask KAYAK...”
...to track a flight.
Learn about flight status in real-time with Flight Tracker. Alexa will tell you expected arrival and departure times on command.
...where I can go for $400.
Whatever your budget, Alexa uses KAYAK's Explore tool to show you all the amazing places you can travel to.
...to book a hotel.
Research your options for flights, hotels and rental cars with the power of your own voice. Now, you can even book your hotel with a simple command.
Check out our FAQ section to learn more
What is the KAYAK skill for Amazon Alexa?
It is a voice-command travel research tool. Whether you’re brainstorming your next vacation, need to book a hotel, or want to track a flight, Alexa and KAYAK are ready to help.
How do I start asking Alexa to search KAYAK?
Go to the Skills section of your Alexa app and enable KAYAK (more on how-to here). Once enabled, use any of the commands listed below. Your command should always start with “Alexa, ask KAYAK…” to get her search-wheels turning.
What commands should I use if I want to…
- …see where I can go on my budget?
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK where I can go for $600.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK where I can go for $600 in May.”
- …search for flights, hotels or rental cars.
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to search for flights to Barcelona.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to search for flights from Boston to Barcelona.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to search for hotels in Miami.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to search for hotels in Miami from July 13 to July 14.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to search for rental cars in Denver.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to search for rental cars in Denver from October 22 to October 27.”
- …book a hotel.
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to book a hotel.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to book a hotel in Boston.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to book a hotel in Boston on September 4th for 3 nights.”
- …access my Trips.
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK when is my next trip.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK when is my next flight.”
- …track a flight?
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to track a flight.” (This will have Alexa prompt you for more information about what flight you want to track.)
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK when the flight from Boston to Chicago departs.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK when the Delta flight from Boston arrives in JFK.”
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to track Delta 1109.”
- …set my home airport?
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to set my home airport to __.”
- …edit my home airport?
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to change my home airport to __.”
- …remove my home airport?
- “Alexa, ask KAYAK to remove my home airport.”
What do I need to do to access the skill? Does it cost money?
The KAYAK skill is available on any device that supports Amazon Alexa. To date, those devices include the Amazon Echo, Amazon Tap, Echo Dot, Echo Show, as well as Amazon Fire TV. While the skill itself is free, head over to Amazon’s page to purchase a device.
What languages are available?
Right now, the KAYAK skill for Alexa is only in English.
Do I need a KAYAK account to use the skill?
Most features of the KAYAK skill work without a KAYAK account. However, you’ll need an account (and link it to Alexa) to create Price Alerts, save travel options, book hotels and access KAYAK Trips. Plus, there’s other cool stuff you can get with an account.
What is a home airport?
Home airport is your default origin airport so that Alexa knows where you’re traveling from and can give you more accurate pricing and availability.
What criteria does Alexa use to give me my travel options?
For flights, Alexa will give you three options: the best non-stop price, the best 1+ stop price and the cheapest available option. For hotels, Alexa allows you to go through a list of the most relevant hotels for your search. For full results, please visit KAYAK.com.
Why are flight prices higher when I specify dates?
When you ask Alexa to search without specifying your dates, she will give you median prices. Once you specify your flight/hotel/rental dates, the price could be higher (or lower) than the median depending on availability and options.
Great, I found the flight/hotel/rental car I want. How do I book it?
Alexa will give you the details you need on the travel option you’re looking for. Now, you can save hotels to your account for later, or book them immediately on Alexa. For flights and rental cars, you’ll still need to visit KAYAK via desktop or mobile to book.
Alexa gave me an option for a flight/hotel/rental car that I can’t find on the site.
Make sure you search the site using the exact parameters that you gave to Alexa. Even a variation on the travel dates or number of passengers can cause rates to change.
How does hotel booking work?
Hotel booking via Alexa is available once you’ve linked your KAYAK account to the Alexa app. Bookings will be made in the name of the first traveler listed in your KAYAK traveler profile and will use the default credit card associated with your KAYAK payment profile. Note - while we offer a significant amount of bookable inventory, not every hotel available on KAYAK is bookable via Alexa.
What happens if I book a hotel but my plans change?
Contact the booking provider that was used to place your booking. You can get this information from your Alexa app’s history or by looking into the confirmation email that you received.
Ah-ha! Alexa gave me a price and it’s different from what’s on your site when I went to book. Why is that flight price no longer available?
KAYAK (and the KAYAK skill on Alexa) searches hundreds of travel sites at once to show you all the options available so that you can make the right travel decisions. You never book directly through KAYAK, but always with one of our providers. This lets us stay a search engine and not a seller. We try to make sure we’re always displaying the most current pricing data. That said, prices and availability change frequently, so what Alexa quoted you (like much of life) is not guaranteed.
What other KAYAK features are available with Alexa?
Currently, available features include KAYAK Flight, Hotel and Car Search, KAYAK Flight Tracker, KAYAK Explore and KAYAK Trips. Registered users can also create KAYAK Price Alerts and save results for later.
How can I start using the KAYAK skill for Alexa?
Just say “Alexa, enable KAYAK” or activate KAYAK from the Alexa app.