Reporting to the Manager of Release Automation, the Release Automation Engineer is a key member of the team responsible for running development, build, test, and deployment systems for KAYAK.com, a worldwide leader in Internet travel search.
Release Automation bridges the gap between engineering and operations. Our vision is to remove bottlenecks and provide visibility into the SDLC.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Developing tools to build, test, and deploy internal and external products.
- Creating and maintaining Bamboo plans for various product stages.
- Continued growth and support of Selenium test automation environments.
- Create/Update puppet modules to manage Linux based CI environment.
- Some availability off-hours for emergency situations.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- 3+ years experience with Linux administration (CentOS/Redhat preferred)
- Strong knowledge of source control systems (svn, git, etc…)
- 3+ years programming experience (java and/or ruby preferred).
- Experience with virtualization environments, like Xen or VMWare.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience developing Puppet configuration management software.
- Experience implementing and configuring monitoring tools (nagios, etc.)
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, Jira, Stash, etc.)
The successful candidate will have the following attributes
- Strong desire to improve quality of life for fellow employees.
- Ability to identify, scope and complete tasks independently.
- Clear, concise, and effective collaborator.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality.
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has local sites in more than 35 countries and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of The Priceline Group.