With the Great North gearing up for summer’s last long weekend (Labour Day on September 4th), we have some great news. The week leading up to Labour Day is the least expensive week of the summer for Canadians to travel.
What’s so special about this week? Savvy travellers know that Labour Day weekend is a notoriously expensive travel weekend. With so many people working through the week so they can take advantage of a Monday off, the week of August 28th is prime vacation time. Our data confirms that the week of August 28th tracks median airfare that’s approximately 17% cheaper than any other week of summer.
Wondering where you should go? Here are the top 10 wallet-friendly destinations to travel to for the week of August 28th.
10 Destinations Under $215
- Washington, DC (WAS) Median airfare: $173
- Victoria, BC (YYJ) Median airfare: $188
- New York City (NYC) Median airfare: $191
- Chicago (CHI) Median airfare: $191
- Boston (BOS) Median airfare: $197
- Montreal, QC (YMQ & YUL) Median airfare: $199
- Philadelphia (PHL) Median airfare: $201
- Dallas (DFW) Median airfare: $201
- Toronto (YTO) Median airfare: $209
- Calgary (YYC) Median airfare: $213
Book now to be sure you don’t miss out on this excellent travel week.