Let’s say you want to travel across Europe for two weeks with stops in Paris, Rome, Brussels, Amsterdam and Athens – where would you start? That was a genuine question: Which country would make the most sense as the jumping-off point? And from there, should you fly between countries, or is it cheaper to take a train? Honestly, we’re getting overwhelmed just asking these questions. Creating a multi-city itinerary and knowing how to organize your trip can be a lot to handle. Enter KAYAK Trip Builder – otherwise known as “Nomad” this product feature makes planning a multi-city trip easy.
Nomad is a trip-building tool that quickly calculates the cheapest route between multiple cities for the biggest savings. KAYAK is giving travelers more options to design a trip that fits their needs and their budget. This tool is powered by Kiwi.com, an online search engine that combines flights and ground transportation options.
Here’s how to book your next multi-city trip using Nomad by KAYAK, in 7 easy steps:
1. Head to www.kayak.com and switch the dropdown menu from “Round-trip” to “Trip Builder.”
2. From there, your browser will create a separate window, taking you to the Nomad trip-building tool.
3. From there, you can create multi-city trips from scratch or you can browse popular templates and modify these itineraries to fit your needs.
4. If you choose to create your own trip, the next step is to plug in your starting airport, the date of your departure and the number of nights you plan to travel. If you’re flexible, you can also leave the departure and trip length fields blank. Then, hit the “Add destinations” button.
5. From there, you’ll add in two or more destinations to start building your trip. For each destination, you can adjust how many nights you plan to be in each place, or leave the automatic 3 – 5 night selection. Once you’ve added all of your destinations, hit that “Search for journeys” button. This is when Nomad works it’s magic.
6. Once Nomad has calculated your cheapest routes, from there you can pick which journey works best for you. You can also go back and revise your search if you want to adjust the number of nights you’re in each place. Or, you can use filters to sort your potential intieraries based on the number of stops, luggage, or price.
7. Found the perfect journey for you? We love to see it. Select the itinerary, review your journey, then hit “Select.” Nomad will compile all of your flights into one place, so you only have to check out once. From there, enter your information, book and go!