When you’re looking to book the right flight, KAYAK searches hundreds of other travel sites at once to find you the information you need to make the right decision. While you probably already know our search powers, did you also know that KAYAK has many other useful tricks that help make planning and managing your travel even better?
- Set Price Alerts to find the best deal. Planning a trip to grandma’s in Boca? Find out when prices change with Price Alerts, which searches while you’re offline and notifies you with a text or email when hotel rates or airfare change.
- Compare fares to see if straying from your loyalty program is worth it. It’s not cheating if you use KAYAK to see how fares from your favorite airline match up to competitors. Because KAYAK is a search engine, not a retailer, we’re not trying to sell you anything. Instead, we’re showing you what you need to know to choose your best option.
- Book two one-ways with Hacker Fares to save money. Ever wonder if booking two one-way tickets would be less expensive than round-trip? “Hacker Fare” results in flight searches combine multiple one-way flights to get you the best price on airfare.
- Know what you’re getting before you book. Want to know if you’ll have WiFi on your flight or extra leg room? KAYAK will show you what’s offered on each leg of your trip in search results. If you’re more interested in knowing what amenities will come at an additional cost, our Airline Fees page can help you out.
- Make your dates flexible to find the deals. Selecting the +/- 3-day Flex Search option when searching for flights shows you if leaving 3 days before or after your arrival and departure dates will save you serious cash.
- Find the month’s best fares. For trip dates that are really flexible, signed-in users can access Flex Month when inputting dates for flight search, giving you a 30-day calendar view of available fares.
Looking for more? Our Travel Hacker Blog takes our site’s wealth of travel data and keeps you informed with regular insights, trends and tips. Connect with us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for the latest travel information. Travel Problem Solved.