Good to know
|Value for money||9.0|
|Distance to city center||2.0 mi|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Lovely bathroom, and quiet, facing away from the street into the centre of the building. I really appreciated the reception staff using Google Translate to communicate with me, and having hard-copy maps of the city and the metro available at the front desk - not everyone is tech savvy, and I actually prefer a paper map!
There were a lot of mosquitoes, which was annoying. Breakfast wasn't great - a sort of porridge, and an additional pancake or pastry. Also found it odd that guests were required to wear plastic coverings over shoes while inside the the hotel (even at breakfast, and fines are incurred if guests don't wear the protective coverings! :)), and that there are surveillance cameras everywhere (barring the rooms and bathrooms). The location, albeit on Nevsky Prospekt, is okay - but the distance to the main sites of attraction at the top end of Nevsky Prospekt is far. Expect to take a bus (about 25 minutes) or metro to get there. The metro station is about a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
Clean and good location
Some misunderstanding with reception desk and hotel policy
- The location - was very close to the metro station and the bus stop, and easy to get to from Moscovsky Rail Station which is convenient for me; - Good water pressure; - Close proximity to decent breakfast places - was needed!
- I was appalled to find a cockroach in the middle of my room on the second day! - Tiny room - I was on my own but I still would like some space to put my things; - The abysmal standards of cleanliness - I was there for six nights and not once has my room been cleaned. Not ONCE. I wasn’t going to wear any plastic coverings on my shoes or spend money on slippers thank you very much! I know you get what you pay for, but there are basic standards every human being is entitled to, and cockroaches and dirty floor and bedding have no place there; - No toiletries in the room; - Very very little breakfast variety, just porridge and a cottage cheese pie, neither of which I like.
Place was clean. Standard rooms doesn't have very much space but there is private shower and wc (in the room). Location was good, bus stop and metro station is close. Personal was friendly but didn't speak english. There were common area (kitchen) where was fridge and washing machine.
I didn't like using so much plastic (you have to put plastic slippers to cover your footwear). At the breakfast everything was plastic. Breakfast was very basic, not suitable for demanding person. I think that it was fine for that price, you can't except much more for that price.
Hotel was cheap and clean .
Room was a bit cold, we had to sleep in our jumpers. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone because they are don't care about our planet or environment. They use plastic forks,, caps, plates for everything and don't even recycle. Everything going to rubbish. When I refuse to put single use plastic cover for my boots, they wanted give me 1000 Rub find. If I new it before I booked, I will never stay there. Absolute disgrace.
With a stay at Hotel Democrat on Nevskiy 147, you'll be centrally located in St. Petersburg, within a 5-minute drive of Summer Garden and Ligovsky Prospekt. Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, laundry facilities, and an elevator (lift).
based on 766 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Hotel Democrat on Nevskiy 147
Most Popular Landmarks
- Alexander Nevsky Lavra 0.4 mi
- Anichkov Palace 1.4 mi
- State Russian Museum 1.8 mi
- Church of the Savior on the Spilled Blood 2 mi
- Summer Garden 2 mi
- Pushkin Museum and Memorial Apartment 2.3 mi
|Saint Petersburg Pulkovo||9.3 mi|
|Saint Petersburg-Glavny||0.6 mi|
|Saint Petersburg Saint Petersberg-Finlyandsky||2.2 mi|