Good to know
|Value for money||9.7|
|Distance to city center||1.8 mi|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|answer the requests||in 6 reviews|
|beautifully decorated||in 3 reviews|
|bed was comfortable||in 7 reviews|
|clean and tidy||in 3 reviews|
|dress||in 4 reviews|
|free breakfast||in 44 reviews|
|free coffee tea||in 10 reviews|
|free laundry||in 5 reviews|
|friendly staff||in 56 reviews|
|friendly staff good||in 49 reviews|
|giving a privacy||in 2 reviews|
|great hostel||in 35 reviews|
|little bit||in 18 reviews|
|location is very good||in 21 reviews|
|metro station||in 10 reviews|
|moscow||in 3 reviews|
|ride train||in 12 reviews|
|room clean||in 12 reviews|
|staff was nice||in 71 reviews|
Receptionists were great!!
I loved the vibe. Super friendly hosts, amazing breakfast (fluffiest porridge ever!), very good location with a bus stop downstairs, two shops by the corner, and walking distance to metro, and even to the main landmarks of the city if you feel fit (only 40 minute walk from Kazan Cathedral). My bed was very comfy and the dorms are super big with lots of natural light.
- the hostel is on the 3rd floor of a beautiful old building. makes you think, that a lot must have happened here in the Soviet era. - nice balcony overlooking one of the main streets on Suvorovsky Prospekt. - 10 minutes walk from the most happening part of the city, Nevsky Prospekt. - clean environment - nice and tasteful decor - free breakfast - free laundry - staff is usually seen on their feet working hard to make things work.
- no activities or a common notice board to look for people going to the places that might interest you too. - the hostel is on 3rd floor and no lift. I'm fit enough and mostly fine with using stairs but didn't find any prior info about this. lifting your bags after a long journey is not ideal. - the flooring is too old and it makes creeking sound with a slightest of movement. so, going to the toilet in the night means waking up someone in your dorm. - no solid cover between the beds. sometimes hands of the people sleeping next to you hits you in the head while sleeping. - toilets and showers are too small. - water pressure in the shower is too low. especially if all showers are being used. - registration of my stay wasn't done despite requesting it upon arrival. I never had to worry about this in any hostel, anywhere and had I not asked for it a day prior to my check-out, it wouldn't have been done. documents like this are not important to some nationalities, but for others, not having them can create a lot of trouble. so, a proactive reminder from the hostel is a must that they do not register all of their guests and leave it on the guest to decide whether they want to register or not.
Food bad, cleaning awful,decoration sucks and printer couldn't print my tickets
Friendly staff, awesome kitchen, really fast Wi-Fi. Close to main metro station. Historical, ideally clean building.
based on 619 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Polosaty Hostel
Most Popular Landmarks
- Alexander Nevsky Lavra 1.1 mi
- Anichkov Palace 1.1 mi
- State Russian Museum 1.4 mi
- Summer Garden 1.4 mi
- Church of the Savior on the Spilled Blood 1.5 mi
- Kreiser Avrora 1.8 mi
|Saint Petersburg Pulkovo||9.8 mi|
|Saint Petersburg-Glavny||0.5 mi|
|Saint Petersburg Saint Petersberg-Finlyandsky||1.5 mi|