Never Again! Avoid JetStar at all costs.
Pros: stunning scenery of the southern alps... which had nothing to do with jetstar.
Cons: where to begin...
1) $455 in baggage charges. yes, you read that right. 2 tickets cost $150. bags cost $450. absurd. enough said. we were connecting from an international flight, 2 adults and a toddler. it's not like we had an obscene amount of luggage.
2) so i tried to buy an extra seat (we were traveling with our 23-month old son)... buying an extra ticket and baggage allowance with it would have cost $100 less than the baggage charge with 2 tickets. But they would not allow this.
3) they would, however, block the seat next to us for free, so it would remain empty for my son. So we were not allowed to buy it, but they would keep it free for us.
4) we get on the plane, and the seat next to us is not blocked... someone else sits in it. if the plane is full, that makes perfect sense... but the plane wasn't full.. there were 20 empty seats.
5) so my son is unhappy because he wants his own seat, we're crammed into a full row... and there's a completely empty row behind us. So I ask the flight attendant if we can move. She says no, not until after take-off... first person to get there wins. Really?
So, thank you but no thank you to jet star. at every opportunity they might have had to make our trip easier... they failed. miserably.