Good to know
|Value for money||8.7|
|Distance to city center||2.0 mi|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
Location is fine, there is space for parking a car.
Room is getting outdate, many things should be fixed, shower is mouldy, TV is not working.
Hotel was very clean and very quiet
A little bit far from the city center
The male host came into the room to massage.I did not ask. He did not apologize and always laughed. If you're a woman, do not stay in the house. A rude person I did not give water. I stayed for 8 nights. There were many ants day and night.The next door is very loud.I do not want to come to Thailand again.
- Very quiet and somewhat introverted area to study or relax. - You take your shoes off before you enter the building. Awesome. - Way more value than a great many other hotels. - Place always smells good. - Nice study desk in rooms. Its great. - Free and paid bikes (the orange ones you see all the time around the city) available outside. - Use of good brand Watsons for soap and shampoo. - Towels are good. Comes with a robe too. - Shower water hot or cold, up to you. - Comfortable bed. Excellent sheets. - Nice small cafe that is very relaxing to sit in. - No tourist. Only your occasional expat or foreigners traveling by here. Good. - Clean bathrooms and shared but you really won't bump into others. - Calm, nice and attentive staff. - Excellent price at the time. - Just about everything is new or new-like. - Very good air conditioning. - Good local food and prices only. - Fast internet (avg. 3ms ping and 20 Mbps.) if your the only one or have very few users. - and more.
- Internet ping can rise greatly if to many people (49 ms ping and 3 Mbps), but still fast just expect somewhat noticeable times to connect. Not too much of a problem though. - Pillows could be bigger and thicker. - Sometimes an occasional annoying random mosquito can get in your room. - Do not leave any food or trash out since black ants will come quick or isolate it to a hard to get place. - Will need at least a bike to get around this area; no sidewalks and full awareness needed. - Rideshare like GRAB will cost you at least 70 BHT no matter how close. - If someone smokes in the Cafe it can be smelt all down stairs as there's no wind even when the doors our fully opened. - Laundry can be done at a couple of different places but cost more making street machines way better but a wonder of how and where to dry.
The place is clean and silent. It's far from busy roads. The bed is comfortable. There's a table in the room, so you can use your laptop with comfort. Daily bottle of water for free. Bicycles are provided for free and there's a bicycle lane in 10min ride. There are a number of restaurants and supermarkets within walking distance.
Bicycles that are provided for free are unmaintained and has some rusty spots. Neighbors have an aggressive dog which is walking around sometimes. It's not easy to get to the city center without transport.
With a stay at Soft Dormtel Chiangmai in Chiang Mai (Chang Phueak), you'll be within a 5-minute drive of Chiang Mai National Museum and MAYA Lifestyle Shopping Center. Featured amenities include luggage storage, coffee/tea in a common area, and microwave in a common area. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 61 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Soft Dormtel Chiangmai
Most Popular Landmarks
- Wat Chiang Mun 1.6 mi
- Wat Phra Singh 1.8 mi
- Chiang Mai City Arts & Cultural Center 1.8 mi
- Chiang Mai Zoo and Aquarium 1.8 mi
- Wat Chedi Luang 2 mi
- Sunday Walking Street Market 2 mi
|Chiang Mai||3.3 mi|