Millgate House Hotel was originally a miller’s house in 1890. It was subsequently converted into flats in 1972 and then became Millgate House Hotel in 1981. A substantial extension was added in 1991 which tripled the room capacity, the Orangery bar & restaurant was also added. The Hotel is situated in the conservation area of Millgate, the river Trent is opposite and famous for its fishing, Newark castle is close by and we are a short walk to the large market place which is lined with historic listed buildings, on the edge of the market sits the beautiful parish church, St Mary Magdelene.
Set in a 2-story redbrick property dating from the 1800s, this traditional hotel is a 6-minute walk from both Riverside Park and Newark Castle and Gardens, within a 10-minute walk of Newark's main shopping district and a 19-minute walk from Newark North Gate train station. The no-frills simple rooms have basic furnishings and decor, and come with TVs plus tea and coffee making facilities.