There are travel restrictions to Mahabalipuram. Learn more
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Mahabalipuram
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|February||Cheapest month to stay with an average 73% drop in price.|
|July||Most expensive month to stay with an average 54% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$84||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$89||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Mahabalipuram hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
4 stars and above
Top tips for finding the perfect Mahabalipuram hotel
- Get the most out of the sun and stay close to Pallava Beach, a sandy Eldorado for young and old. The Tamilnadu Tourism Beach Resort is located at the beachfront and also features its own swimming pool, in case you want to take a break from the salty waves the ocean has to offer. It also includes free breakfast, so you can start your day at the beach ready to go.
- Visit the gigantic granite boulder called Krishna’s Butterball, precariously balancing on a hill, whose name indicates that Krishna, as a little boy, used to steal butter from his mother. An impressive sight, it is worthwhile to visit and, if you want to stay close, consider hotels like the Hotel Mahabs, a 3-minute walk from the boulder. You can also hang out on the surrounding green at the boulder or enjoy the complimentary breakfast at the hotel.
- Mahabalipuram is famous for its ancient temples, and the Shore Temple is an impressive structure made out of three granite shrines dating back to the Pallava dynasty around the 8th century AD. Green Woods Beach Resort is not quite as ancient, but it offers guests free parking and Wi-Fi as well as a restaurant on site, and is located about 12 minutes on foot from the Shore Temple.
- On the other side of Mahabalipuram, you will encounter many more ancient temples to explore, such as the Karukathamman Temple or the Valayankuttai Ratha, stemming from the 7th century AD. If you can’t get enough of these historic sites, stay at the Nirvana Boutique Hotel to be a 2-minute drive away. The hotel offers an outdoor pool, simple rooms and free parking.
- Stay close to the centre to enjoy a broad range of different restaurants, including international cuisine eateries like the Burger Shack or more traditional Indian restaurants like the Instant Karma. If you stay at the 3-star Hotel Mamallaa Heritage, you will be in the immediate vicinity of these establishments and also close to a bank, the Community Center and a German Bakery.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Mahabalipuram
Are hotels in Mahabalipuram safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Mahabalipuram?
Which are the best luxury hotels in Mahabalipuram?
Which hotels in Mahabalipuram have an airport shuttle?
Which hotels in Mahabalipuram are kid-friendly?
Which are the best cheap hotels in Mahabalipuram?
How much is a hotel in Mahabalipuram for tonight?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Mahabalipuram?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Mahabalipuram by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Mahabalipuram hotels
Go to map
Most recommended Mahabalipuram hotelsShow all