Travel restrictionsThe Netherlands has begun to accept tourists arriving from countries in the EU/Schengen area. Learn more
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Amsterdam
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 24% drop in price.|
|May||Most expensive month to stay with an average 41% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$153||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$194||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Amsterdam hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Amsterdam hotel
- Planning a romantic trip to Amsterdam? Choose one of the charming boutique hotels located in the Jordaan area and surroundings, such as The Dylan Amsterdam hotel. This hotel with its views of the canal is perfect for romantic getaways.
- Amsterdam is not a particularly large city, and it is quick and simple to travel across it. Give yourself more options and don’t limit your search to only hotels in the city center. Even if the hotel you choose is considered far from downtown, such as the hotel Cityden Up Amsterdam South, it will still be easily accessible.
- If you are looking to travel to Amsterdam to enjoy the nightlife, consider staying near the squares of Leidseplein and the Rembrandtplein. These areas are located in the city center and are crowded with bars, shows, and restaurants, making them perfect for a night out on the town. Some popular hotel choices are Hotel Iron Horse and the Mozart Hotel.
- Make sure to keep in mind that many hotels in Amsterdam are in older buildings without elevators. If you know that you will need access to an elevator, look at newer hotels that are located further out from the city center. The neighborhood known as Vondelpark has many options, one being the Alfred Hotel.
- Many hotels in Amsterdam are not equipped with air-conditioning, since the temperature never becomes particularly hot, even in peak summer months. If you would like a room with air-conditioning, it is best to look at 4- and 5-star hotels, such as the Hotel Sofitel Legend the Grand.
- If you are struggling to find an affordable hotel in the city center, consider some of the hostels in the city. Tulipana Residence is a convenient alternative that offers parking, free wi-fi and a terrace. You could also take a look at Residence 86, which has a shared kitchen, bike rental, and canal views. Both are cheap options when visiting Amsterdam.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Amsterdam
Are hotels in Amsterdam safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Amsterdam?
What are the best hotels near Station Amsterdam Centraal?
How much does a hotel cost in Amsterdam?
What are the best hotels near Amsterdam Central Station?
What hotels in Amsterdam offer especially good breakfast?
What are the good and kid-friendly hotels in Amsterdam?
What are the best hotels near Amsterdam’s canal ring?
How much is a hotel in Amsterdam for tonight?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Amsterdam?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Amsterdam by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Amsterdam hotels
Go to map