Good to know
|Value for money||8.9|
|Distance to city center||6.7 mi|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
Very nice and helpful woman at the reception. She gave us a lot of information about the island and good advice.
You can request a bento for the following day if you plan to go on a hike. Then the following day before you leave for the hike the bento it's ready early in the morning! It was very helpful, especially the first day since we arrived a bit late so we were tired to go looking for supermarkets or anything.
1. Minshuku's female staffer doesn't speak much English but is very kind & helpful in providing useful English info. 2. Free laundry 3. Shared kitchen 4. Close to Miyanoura bus stop 5. 10-min walk to a co-op for groceries 6. Restaurant just next to Minshuku (same owner).
1) Room walls too thin that you can hear snoring of next room's guest and sounds in shared kitchen. 2) No WiFi inside room (1/F), only near counter area (G/F). 3) Tatami room a bit dated, seeing a 100-yen big spider & some bugs, a bit scary... 4) Minshuku's main door remains open all time, so a risk that strangers may enter easily as room's lock is a basic & simple type. 5) Not offering pick-up service at port like some other Minshuku (but only 3 stops, ¥140, if take bus at port).
Very friendly host who was interested in our having the best stay possible. She and her family went out of their way to assist us with their recommendations of places to visit, with maps and with tastings of the delicious local food.
the beds could be a bit softer
at check-in nobody there, no instructions whatsoever, had to ask the local post office for help. The owner just stays in the restaurant besides, but how could I know? Had the whole house for me. No internet, I found an Italian restaurant right besides the airport that had Wifi. Highly recommend to rent a car, especially in the off season when buses run much less.
Located in Yakushima, Minshuku Toshi is within a 15-minute walk of Yaku Shrine and Yakushima Environmental Culture Village Center. Featured amenities include laundry facilities, microwave in a common area, and refrigerator in a common area. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 41 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Minshuku Toshi
Most Popular Landmarks
- Yakushima National Park 6.7 mi
- Yakusugi Land 8.2 mi
- Yakusugi Museum 8.7 mi
- Yakushima Lighthouse 11.6 mi
- Yakushima Fruit Garden 13.9 mi
|Nakatane Tanegashima||28 mi|