Murcia Car Rental Information
Murcia car rental reviews and directory
Car Rental Locations in or near Murcia
Good to Know
|Most Popular Agency||OK RENT A CAR|
|Most Popular Car Type||Compact|
When to Book a Rental Car in Murcia
Top Tips For Renting a Car in Murcia
- Travelers who want to see everything Murcia has to offer, from the Cathedral to the zoo and beyond, should consider renting a car for their visit to the University City to create their own schedule and not be dependent on public transport. The city has much to explore, but the sea is also only 40 minutes away by car and serves as a great day trip destination.
- Start your time in Murcia straight after your flight has landed and rent a car directly from Murcia-San Javier Airport. Follow the signs to the car rental desks and choose from well-known agencies such as Europcar. The airport is about 30 miles from the heart of the city, another reason why renting a car from there is a good idea, and it will take just over half an hour by car to get to the city.
- As Murcia has broad roads in most places, driving is usually very pleasant, but it is recommended to get a GPS system with the rental car. The road system in Murcia can be quite confusing, and as the street names are all in Spanish it may be hard to navigate. There are access roads called Rondas de Murcia, which enable drivers to access every side of the city and, although they are incredibly helpful once figured out, they can be confusing at first.
- In addition to the morning and evening rush hours, in Murcia there is also a midday rush hour, as siesta is held in many shops. Morning rush hour applies from 8 to 9:30 am before the midday traffic takes over between 12:30 and 2:30 pm. From 5 to 8 pm, roads can be clogged up once more with commuters and the best times to drive through the city is from 3 to 5 pm.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Murcia for $40 or less
- Book your rental car in Murcia at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Off-airport rental car locations in Murcia are around 36% cheaper than airport locations on average
- Economy rental cars in Murcia are around 71% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs About Renting a Car in Murcia
How much does it cost to rent a car in Murcia?
On average a rental car in Murcia costs $51 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Murcia?
Compact (Nissan Juke or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Murcia.
What is the best rental car company in Murcia?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Alicante Airport (ALC)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Alicante Airport (ALC)?
Car rental companies that offer shuttle or pick-up services from Alicante Airport to off-airport locations include Rhodium, Europcar, Record Go, Centauro, Ace, OK RENT A CAR, Hertz, Avis, Budget, and Sixt.
How can I find car rentals near me in Murcia?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Murcia?
A Compact car rental in Murcia costs $20 per day, on average.
What is the most popular rental car location in Murcia?
In Murcia, cars are most frequently rented at Rhodium Murcia Airport (22.49 miles from city center).
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Murcia?
On average a rental car in Murcia costs $359 per week ($51 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Murcia?
On average a rental car in Murcia costs $1540 per month ($51 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Murcia?
Unless you have plenty of luggage or many people to fit in a car, a compact car is a good decision for various reasons. A smaller car will fit into more parking spaces, which can be hard to find in the city. Additionally, navigating through the roads is also much easier with a compact car, plus it saves on gas costs. As stick shifts are commonly used in Spain, renting an automatic may cost a little more.
What's the speed limit in Murcia?
In residential areas, the highest speed allowed is 50 km/h (31 mph), though it may be lower around schools or pedestrian areas. Rural two-lane roads permit up to 100 km/h (62 mph), and on freeways drivers can speed up to 120 km/h (74 mph). Speed limit signs are on the right-hand side and must be adhered to at all times.
How are gas prices in Murcia?
Prepare to pay around €1.21 per liter ($1.37, or $5.50 per gallon) when renting a car for your time in Murcia. Gas stations are dotted around the city, as well as alongside freeways and usually accept card and cash. Keep in mind that most European countries require you to enter a 4-digit pin when paying with card to verify the transfer.
Where are the best places to park in Murcia?
For a day in Murcia, choose the parking garage next to town hall to avoid long searches for the few on-street parking spaces. On-street parking is marked with a blue line and costs around €0.50 ($0.60). Parking lots are also an option and include the New Capital or Parking Europa.