Good to know
|Distance to city center||1.1 mi|
|Distance to airport||7.8 mi|
|"Location, friendly & helpful staff."||(in 134 reviews)|
|"Fresh orange juice was lovely."||(in 14 reviews)|
|"The location is excellent"||(in 23 reviews)|
|"The seagulls kept me awake at night"||(in 20 reviews)|
|"Even with window closed noise filtered"||(in 11 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|breakfast was ok||in 120 reviews|
|close to centre of town||in 9 reviews|
|good breakfast||in 110 reviews|
|good location||in 117 reviews|
|helpful staff||in 160 reviews|
|hotel in the old||in 124 reviews|
|noisy at night||in 45 reviews|
|old town||in 41 reviews|
|old world||in 29 reviews|
|oldest||in 7 reviews|
|orange juice||in 19 reviews|
|paper cups||in 4 reviews|
|restaurants and bars nearby||in 20 reviews|
|street noise||in 45 reviews|
|windows open||in 7 reviews|
The location was good. Very close to Bento station. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Everything that was listed was available in the room. Several restaurants and cafes within walking distance.
Breakfast could have been better.
The hotel was excellent in every way. We particularly liked the elegant interior and access to additional areas to enjoy, for example a salon and well kept garden. Everything seemed to be provided for our comfort. The staff were efficient and friendly. Breakfast was offered in a delightful room, with an option to eat in the garden. There was a good range of well presented food and beverages. We were sorry to leave.
rooms cleaned before 5pm when we were back in the hotel
Size and quietness of the room (at back of Hotel) fine. Bedding/towel;s fine. Wi-fi /tv both fine. Bed good..had good nights sleep and because breakfast hours very long (up to midday) no rush to get up. Breakfast room quiet with lots of space. Convenient area for metro/ Sao Bento station and walking to sights near by restaurants.
Bedroom bland with old decor. Stained mattress with no protector. Old and tired furniture. Breakfast disappointing. There was fresh orange juice ( though you had to squeeze it yourself), limited range of inexpensive product with no eggs (or bacon) for example. Breakfast staff seemed uninterested in their work. Paper tablecloths stained and not replaced. No tables pre-laid.
Large windows in the room to replace a fan we were denied.
- Arrived at 1:00pm for check-in and were denied saying it's an hour early. I was asked to pay 20 Euros if I wanted the room at 1:00pm. Staff could have been nicer about it. - THE LOCATION is terrible. The street gets loud and wild with pubcrawlers going up and down the street. Since there is no A/C in the room, we had to keep the windows open and were driven crazy by the noises on the street until 5:00am. Unbearably loud at night! - We returned back at 5:00pm to our room and we did not receive any room service until a call was made to Reception and we had to leave once again for them to make the room up. HORRIBLE SERVICE! THE worst hotel I've stayed at in Europe. The front-desk staff was just arrogant!
A stay at Grande Hotel de Paris places you in the heart of Porto, within a 10-minute walk of Porto Cathedral and Porto City Hall. Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk.
based on 1,700 reviews
Things to Know
- Stylish hotel
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Grande Hotel de Paris
Most Popular Landmarks
- Avenida dos Aliados 213 yd
- Torre dos Clérigos 216 yd
- Igreja dos Carmelitas 346 yd
- Centro Português de Fotografia 427 yd
- Sé do Porto 0.3 mi
- Mercado Ferreira Borges 0.4 mi
|Tuy Guillarei||63.4 mi|
|O Porriño||70.2 mi|