Good to know
|Distance to city center||5.7 mi|
|"Very comfy, perfect location and extremely clean."||(in 71 reviews)|
|"Gabby was excellent and always available."||(in 16 reviews)|
|"Living room is cosy and decorated well."||(in 22 reviews)|
|"Unacceptable that the shared bathroom was not cleaned!"||(in 6 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|beach and nice||in 31 reviews|
|comfortable bed||in 4 reviews|
|eat and drink||in 1 review|
|felt so welcomed||in 6 reviews|
|gabby||in 30 reviews|
|good breakfast||in 26 reviews|
|great location||in 104 reviews|
|ipanema beach||in 19 reviews|
|living room||in 43 reviews|
|perfectly located||in 6 reviews|
|recommendations and advice||in 2 reviews|
|shared bathroom||in 23 reviews|
|short walk||in 4 reviews|
|staff were very friendly||in 45 reviews|
|value for money||in 14 reviews|
The free breakfast was delicious at the bakery down the block and the complimentary welcome beers
There is only one bathroom for 3 rooms (six people)
Super comfortable, spacious and clean room in the heart of Ipanema - close to the beach and transport connections to the rest of the city. The guesthouse itself is in a very safe and secure apartment block with 24 hour security. Gabby and Joao Miguel are brilliant hosts and were very welcoming - they are always on hand or on WhatsApp for any questions and even gave us a tour of the local area when we arrived. A delicious breakfast is included from a bakery across the street - we recommend getting the extra Pao de Queijo which were delicious! Thank you Joao Miguel and Gabby for a brilliant stay in Rio - we hope to be back soon!
Amazing stay! The host was super friendly and helpful. Accommodation clean and well layout. Great location - highly recommended!
Nothing, maybe air conditioning could be a bit quieter in the room. But that’s it.
The host was excellent. Very friendly and always ready to help if there was a problem. The location was also really good, in a nice neighbourhood, close to the Ipanema beach and nice restaurants and a grocery store.
- Location was perfect, 5-7 minutes to the beach (Posto 8), many supermarkets and restaurants in this area. - Managers and stuff was very welcome and nice with quick responses and help. - The guesthouse provides breakfasts in the café next to the apartments which you can take during the whole day. - Room cleaning made every day.
- I rented a lux-room and expected to get a whole apartment with my guest room, bedroom and bathroom. It wasn’t mentioned the guest room is shared with other guests and stuff. In reality it was one apartment with 3 bedrooms. I got just a bedroom with a private bathroom. It absolutely doesn’t match the price 6.500 reals for 12 nights. - If you book a transfer from the airport the guesthouse provides a service of early check-in (150 reals). In reality early check-in means you can put bags and spend time in a shared guest room until your room is ready (13pm). So it’s not early check-in. - The air conditioner in the bedroom didn’t work. There was one more under the window but it was so slow even max power it was even more hot than outside. - Wi-fi was slow. For pics and videos I used my LTE. - To invite guests you need to send their documents to guesthouse managers, they send it to concierge then approve. I needed to call a manager at 4am to arrange guests. It looked like I need to get approval the whole house. There’re no such rules in other houses in Ipanema. - No microwave, no washing machine but a laundry next to the guesthouse.
Located in Rio de Janeiro (Ipanema), JM Guesthouse Ipanema is within a 10-minute walk of Ipanema Beach and Copacabana Beach. Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
based on 532 reviews
Things to Know
- Beach nearby
- Clean rooms
- Good management
- Great shopping
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Jm Guesthouse Ipanema
Where is Jm Guesthouse Ipanema located?
Jm Guesthouse Ipanema is located at Rua Visconde de Pirajá, 3 in Ipanema, 5.7 miles from the center of Rio de Janeiro. Forte de Copacabana is the closest landmark to Jm Guesthouse Ipanema.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Jm Guesthouse Ipanema?
Check-in time is 2:00 PM and check-out time is 11:00 AM at Jm Guesthouse Ipanema.
Does Jm Guesthouse Ipanema offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Jm Guesthouse Ipanema offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Jm Guesthouse Ipanema offer free parking?
No, Jm Guesthouse Ipanema does not offer free parking.
Does Jm Guesthouse Ipanema offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Jm Guesthouse Ipanema does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Jm Guesthouse Ipanema from the airport?
Jm Guesthouse Ipanema is 5.5 miles from Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont.
Can you bring pets to Jm Guesthouse Ipanema?
No, pets are not allowed at Jm Guesthouse Ipanema.
Does Jm Guesthouse Ipanema have a pool?
No, Jm Guesthouse Ipanema does not have a pool onsite.
Reviews about Jm Guesthouse Ipanema
Most Popular Landmarks
- Forte de Copacabana 0.6 mi
- Copacabana Beach 1.5 mi
- Jardim Botânico do Rio de Janeiro 2.2 mi
- Cristo Redentor 2.4 mi
- Pão de Açúcar 3.6 mi
- Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Gloria do Outeiro 4.5 mi
|Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont||5.5 mi|
|Rio de Janeiro–Galeão Intl||13 mi|