SYD - KUL
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Airport
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 22% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 33% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$474||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Intl
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $335 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Airport was found 89 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is March.
- Morning departure is around 15% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- Make sure your stomach isn’t growling during the flight from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur and enjoy a meal before boarding the plane. Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport houses a wide range of food joints so finding something to suit your tastes should not be a problem. Apart from a number of Asian restaurants like Wok On Air, you can pick Spanish bar MoVida or Lebanese dishes at Beqaa.
- Those who are driving to Sydney Airport and want to leave their car there for the duration of their trip to Kuala Lumpur can compare all the parking options on the airport website and book their space in advance. This not only saves time on the day of your flight, but should also mean you get a better rate.
- Travellers in transit or those who land late at the airport in Kuala Lumpur and would like to go straight to bed have the option of renting budget-friendly sleeping pods at The Capsule by Container Hotel. Alternatively, you can book a room at the on-site Sama-Sama Express Hotel.
- If you are looking for a quiet place to have a few moments to yourself or meditate after your flight from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur, you can head to the Silent Room that’s open to all travellers at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
- Dying for a shower after your flight from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur? If you aren’t afraid of cold water you can use public shower facilities for free at the airport in Kuala Lumpur. If, however, a cold shower doesn’t sound very tempting, you can pay a small fee at the Sama-Sama Express Hotel to enjoy a hot stream.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Airport flights
Are flight prices cheaper from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Airport because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
How long does a flight from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Airport take?
How many flights are there between Sydney and Kuala Lumpur Airport?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Airport?
Do I need a passport to fly between Sydney and Kuala Lumpur Airport?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Sydney and Kuala Lumpur Airport?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Airport?
What is the best way to travel onwards from the airport in Kuala Lumpur?
Can I use the Internet at Kuala Lumpur International Airport?
What facilities does the airport in Kuala Lumpur offer?
Is it possible to fly non-stop from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to Kuala Lumpur Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Airport (round-trip)
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur Airport (one-way)
Sydney - Kuala Lumpur Airport Flights
- Flights »
- Sydney Kingsford Smith
- Flights »
- Flights to Kuala Lumpur Airport
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.