Find cheap flights to New York
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 3% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 7% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$402||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to New York
- Looking for cheap airfare to New York? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to New York for the following prices or less: From Chicago $106, from San Francisco $201, from Los Angeles $208
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to New York is February.
- For flights to New York, there are two main options directly in NYC; namely, LaGuardia Airport (LGA) and JFK International Airport (JFK). LaGuardia acts primarily as a domestic outlet for travelers going to and from NYC. JFK, on the other hand, is more internationally focused and offers direct flights to destinations all around the world.
- In addition to the main two airports, the neighboring Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is also a great option for flights to New York. While Newark is technically in New Jersey, it also serves as a large air traffic hub for NYC. It is only 12 miles from New York City and is easily reached via AirTrain Newark, which stops at a number of subway stations in downtown NYC.
- Bogged down with work before your flight? Don’t worry, LaGuardia has you covered with its Jabbrrbox automated workspaces. Featuring IoT technology, sound-sealed cubicles and secure WiFi, Jabbrrbox Work Booths offer an ideal working environment for travelers on the go.
- The ARK at JFK is perfect for travelers with pets. The ARK is an animal care facility that aims to bring first class flying service to all of our four-legged friends. They offer services such as animal care throughout the pre- and post-flight experience as well as equine import/export.
- The AirTrain offers an easy and cheap way to get to, from, and around JFK International Airport. You can easily reach JFK by connecting to the AirTrain via the E, A, J, and Z subway lines in downtown NYC. Additionally, it provides quick transportation between any of the airport terminals for free.
FAQs - booking New York flights
Which airlines fly to New York?
How much does it cost to fly to New York?
What are the cheapest months to fly to New York?
Which is the cheapest day to fly to New York?
How long is the flight to New York?
Which New York airport is closest to central New York?
How do I get between New York’s airports?
Do hotels in New York offer shuttle service from the airports?
Which New York airport is closest to downtown?
What are the restaurants like in JFK and LaGuardia?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top airline flying to New York
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap New York Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap New York Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to New York
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.