Find cheap flights to Hawaii
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 3% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 6% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$635||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Hawaii
- Looking for cheap airfare to Hawaii? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Hawaii for the following prices or less: From Los Angeles $321, from San Diego $322, from Portland $339
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Hawaii is February.
- If you’re looking for beach- and family-friendly destinations when booking your flights to Hawaii, look for flights into the islands of Kauai, Big Island, Maui, and Oahu. They are served by Lihue Airport (LIH), Kona International Airport (KOA) and Hilo International Airport (ITO), Kahului Airport (OGG), and Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), respectively.
- If you want to take your time exploring the islands, you can fly from the mainland into Daniel K. Inouye International Airport in Honolulu on Oahu island, and then take domestic flights to the other islands. Hawaiian Airlines and Southwest are two of the companies that operate inter-island flights.
- Most first-time travelers to Hawaii choose Maui as their destination, but keep in mind that there are fewer nonstop flights from the continental US landing at Maui’s Kahului Airport. Most flights from the mainland connect via the Honolulu airport on Oahu island.
- If you’re planning to go on whale-watching tours, look for flights to Hawaii on the island of Kauai. Although practically every island is excellent for whale-watching activities, Kauai has a greater range of possible spotting locations.
- For golfers, Hawaii means golf courses that are as gorgeous as they are high-quality. If you don’t know where to start, consider traveling to the airport of Oahu. With 37 golf clubs, it’s the island with the most golf courses in America’s 50th state.
FAQs - booking Hawaii flights
How long is the flight to Hawaii?
What is the cheapest flight to Hawaii?
Which airlines fly to Hawaii?
What are the most popular destinations in Hawaii?
I’m traveling to Big Island. Which airport should I choose when booking flights to Hawaii?
I want to hike in Hawaii. Which island should I travel to?
How can I travel from the Honolulu airport to Waikiki beach?
Which airports in Hawaii are closer to the beach?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Hawaii
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Hawaii (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to Hawaii (One-way)
Flights to Hawaii
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.