Good to know
|Value for money||8.2|
|Distance to city center||1.8 mi|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
Quiet, clean and relaxing hostel. Right in the centre of Ari and a short walk from the BTS.
1) location is ideal for those who wish to spend shop till you drop at Chatuchak - it’s only 2 stops away from Ari BTS station. 2) BTS station is only 10mins walk. 3) lots of food choices surrounding hostel 4) property is well decorated - it’s homey, clean and well maintained. 5) they have one room (split studio) with private bathroom which is just nice for a couple or up to 3 pax. 6) Nan is ever willing to help you get around. She is the walking dictionary of which is the nearest BTS station to your destination spot!
1) the stairway in split studio room is too steep and not recommended for elderly couple or young couple with small kids 2) the bar situated right in front of REST Ari Hostel, as the locals partied till dawn on a Saturday night, hence, can be too noisy for rooms facing the bar. Other nights were peaceful and quiet. 3) other than the above, it’s still ideal for young couples looking for a reasonable place to chill.
Have a homemade iced Thai tea when you arrive from the airport :-) The owner Nan showed me a vegetarian cafe in a little alley beside a hospital, connecting Soi 1 to the train station. There are a wealth of interesting cafes in walking distance, e.g. the bakery Landhaus, and co-working cafe spaces like Ease and Dice.
No hanging space for washed clothes.
The place has a cozy vibe. The room is clean and comfortable. Lovely neighborhood with cafes and restaurants. Less than 10 mins to BTS by walk. The owner is nice and informative if you want to get around Bangkok.
The house was a typical thai house, nice decor and design research it was beautiful. Location was nice in the middle of Ari quarter which is full of cafes, restaurants, cool bars and next to a great SPA. Nan was very kind, friendly ad supportive, bot the typical hostel more of a private house feel.
The only thing that we would recommend is to give it more of a hostel feel, with common areas. It felt more like a private home with the nicest host! :)
With a stay at REST Ari Hostel in Bangkok (Phaya Thai), you'll be a 3-minute drive from Chatuchak Weekend Market and 5 minutes from Siam Center. Featured amenities include coffee/tea in a common area, microwave in a common area, and refrigerator in a common area.
based on 22 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Rest Ari Hostel
Most Popular Landmarks
- Chatuchak 1.3 mi
- Baiyoke Tower II 2 mi
- Jim Thompson House 2.5 mi
- Bangkok Art and Culture Centre 2.6 mi
- Siam Square 2.7 mi
- Democracy Monument 3.3 mi
|Bangkok Don Mueang Intl||10 mi|
|Bangkok Suvarnabhumi & other airports||15.3 mi|