The Red Cottage, a red and white Queen Anne Victorian, is located on Cape May's oldest street. The fire of 1878 destroyed 35 acres of Cape May, including all of the buildings on Jackson Street. They were rebuilt in the style of the Victorian era. The home was built for Harry and Dorothy Parker from Philadelphia in 1899. The Parkers used it as their summer cottage.