Yerevan Car Rental Information
|Car Types||Compact, Economy, Full-size, Intermediate, Mini, Premium, SUV, Standard, Van|
|Popular Agencies||Sixt, Rentmotors, Hertz, Alamo|
Cheap Car Rentals in Yerevan
Yerevan car rental reviews and directory
Car Rental Locations in or near Yerevan
Good to Know
|Most Popular Agency||Hertz|
|Most Popular Car Type||Compact|
When to Book a Rental Car in Yerevan
Top Tips For Renting a Car in Yerevan
- The main reason to rent a car during your time in Yerevan, aside from the wonderful convenience and indepence one offers, is that having a car offers quick access to the many sights neighboring Yerevan. For instance, Lake Sevan is 66 kilometers (41 miles) away from Yerevan and is not only the largest lake in Armenia but one of the largest in the Caucasus region. Another great day trip option is Garni Temple, which is 30 kilometers (19 miles) away and features Roman ruins and a 7th century church.
- For travelers with itineraries that require renting a vehicle, you will find Zvartnots International Airport’s rental car counters on the first floor of the Arrivals Hall.
- One thing to keep in mind when traveling with children in Yerevan and throughout Armenia in general, is that children under the age of 12 may not sit in the front passenger seat. Additionally, all front seat passengers must wear a seatbelt at all times, as it is legally required throughout Armenia.
- Yerevan is similar to many other capital cities in the world, in that it experiences a work week rush hour in the morning and afternoon. In general, the morning rush hour in Yerevan picks up at around 6:30 a.m. and slows down by 9:00 a.m., while the afternoon peak goes from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. throughout the week. If you are looking to avoid traffic, try to steer clear of both Abovyan Street and Komitas Avenue during the peak driving hours.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Yerevan for $30 or less
- Book your rental car in Yerevan at least 2 weeks before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Off-airport rental car locations in Yerevan are around 1% cheaper than airport locations on average
- Mini rental cars in Yerevan are around 36% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs About Renting a Car in Yerevan
How much does it cost to rent a car in Yerevan?
On average a rental car in Yerevan costs $36 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Yerevan?
Compact (Class Compact SUV or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Yerevan.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Yerevan?
What is the best rental car company in Yerevan?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Yerevan Airport (EVN)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Yerevan Airport (EVN)?
What is the cheapest rental car location in Yerevan?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest rental car price was found at Europcar 8/1 Abovyan Street 370010 (1 miles from city center).
How can I find car rentals near me in Yerevan?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Yerevan?
A Compact car rental in Yerevan costs $38 per day, on average.
How much does a Mini car rental cost in Yerevan?
A Mini car rental in Yerevan costs $30 per day, on average.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Yerevan?
A Economy car rental in Yerevan costs $34 per day, on average.
What is the most popular rental car location in Yerevan?
In Yerevan, cars are most frequently rented at Sixt Northern Avenue 10/1 (0.06 miles from city center).
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Yerevan?
On average a rental car in Yerevan costs $252 per week ($36 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Yerevan?
On average a rental car in Yerevan costs $1080 per month ($36 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Yerevan?
Yerevan’s streets, like much of its architecture, harken back to the Soviet era and are, for the most part, of medium size and width. For drivers, this means that most vehicles will find that the roads are comfortably sized and easy to navigate. It is recommended that renters choose medium to small cars for their time in Yerevan. SUVs, compacts, and sedans are all commonly seen on the city streets and should have no issues fitting on even the narrowest of alleys in the city. Parking spots in the city are also fairly large, and all car types will be able to fit in them easily.
What's the speed limit in Yerevan?
In residential areas the speed limit starts out at 20 km/h (12.4 mph) and goes up to 40 km/h (25 mph). On city roads and in built-up areas, the speed limits go up to 60 km/h (37 mph) and outside of them the speed limit is 90 km/h (56 mph). On motorways the speed limits top out at 110 km/h (68 mph).
How are gas prices in Yerevan?
Gas prices are, on average, around 420 AMD ($0.87) per liter, which is roughly 1590 AMD ($3.28) per gallon.
Where are the best places to park in Yerevan?
Streetside parking is by far the most common form of parking in the city. This is especially the case in the suburbs and residential areas of the city. In such areas, it is common to see both sides of the streets full of parked cars during the busiest times. Parking garages and private lots are available in the denser parts of the city and in the central business district. Drivers can expect to pay 100 to 200 AMD ($0.21 - $0.42) per hour for parking in garages in the downtown area.