Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Gainesville
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|July||Cheapest month to stay with an average 26% drop in price.|
|October||Most expensive month to stay with an average 102% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$98||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$113||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Gainesville hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Gainesville hotel
- Gainesville is a college town in northern Florida, and because of it, much of the city is dominated by the University of Florida campus. Many hotels in Gainesville are located nearby, like Hilton University of Florida Conference Center, Holiday Inn Gainesville, and AC Hotel By Marriott.
- Gainesville is surrounded by incredible natural landscapes, and it boasts several parks. Consisting of more than 125 acres of wetlands and ponds, Sweetwater Wetlands Park is a hub for bird-watchers and overall nature-lovers, with its boardwalk trails and ranger-led tours. There are a few accommodation options along SW 13th Street, about 1-2 miles away from the park, including Gator Town Inn, Budget Inn, and Wyndham Garden Gainesville.
- Downtown is a great place to be located as you are near all the major shopping places and can roam around the great Union Street Farmer’s Market, which takes place every Wednesday, during the day, or go see a movie at Hippodrome State Theatre at night. There you have a few lodging options, like the more affordable Gainesville Lodge, or the more high-end Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown.
- The city offers a great variety of museums and art galleries, with some of the biggest attractions being the Florida Museum of Natural History, with its Butterfly Rainforest, and the Harn Museum of Art, which displays a great collection of African and Asian works. They are both very close to each other on Hull Road, with both the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville and Aloft Gainesville University Area being within walking distance.
- Nature lovers traveling on a budget are in luck in Gainesville. One of the most affordable areas in the city is actually near both Clear Lake Nature Park and Split Rock Conservation Area. Accommodation options there include a Baymont by Wyndham, a La Quinta Inn, and a Quality Inn.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Gainesville
Are hotels in Gainesville safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Gainesville?
What are the best hotels near University of Florida?
What are the closest hotels to Interstate 75?
What are the most popular areas for nightlife?
What are the best business hotels?
What are the closest hotels to Gainesville Regional Airport?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Gainesville?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Gainesville by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Gainesville hotelsAirport shuttleFree Wi-FiPoolPet friendlyCheck availabilityCheck availability
Go to map
Most recommended Gainesville hotelsShow all
Hotels near Fred Bear MuseumShow all