There are travel restrictions to Southampton. Learn more
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Southampton
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|March||Cheapest month to stay with an average 35% drop in price.|
|February||Most expensive month to stay with an average 55% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$128||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$104||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Southampton hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Southampton hotel
- If you're planning your first trip to Southampton, you should consider staying downtown. There are several downtown hotels in Southampton, such as the 4-star Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel, the oldest in the city, which still retains many original features. Key attractions such as SeaCity Museum, Tudor House & Garden and Southampton City Art Gallery are all within walking distance.
- If you prefer a boutique hotel, The Pig - in the wall is a great central option. It features 12 shabby-chic bedrooms and an on-site deli as well as only being a 15-minute walk from Southampton Central train station.
- For a luxury stay in Southampton, opt for a room at Ennio’s Boutique Hotel. It has ten uniquely decorated bedrooms and an on-site Italian restaurant. Set in a converted warehouse, the hotel is a 3-minute walk from the ferry terminal and a 15-minute walk from the city centre.
- Travellers with early morning flights may be looking to stay near the airport. A good option is the reasonably-priced Highfield House Hotel, which offers free Wi-Fi and parking. It’s an 8-minute drive from the airport and close to Southampton Common. Another choice is Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel. Set in 12 acres of landscaped gardens, the Edwardian building offers tranquility close to the airport, which is a 12-minute drive away.
- If you're traveling with your family or children, the centrally-located Novotel Southampton may be a good option with its adjoining rooms, cribs, and children's’ menu. Moreover, its heated indoor pool and video games in the lobby will help keep the kids entertained.
- For travellers on their way to or from a cruise, a hotel set near the ferry terminal is ideal. The Premier Inn Southampton West Quay is a well-situated 3-star hotel and is only a 4-minute drive or 10-minute walk from the port. Comfortable, modern rooms with air conditioning, free Wi-Fi and power showers await guests. Family rooms are available and guests highlight its convenient location and value for money.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Southampton
Are hotels in Southampton safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near The Ageas Bowl?
How much does a hotel cost in Southampton?
What are the best budget hotels in Southampton?
Do any hotels in Southampton have features for disabled guest?
Are there any spa hotels in Southampton?
Are they any hotels in Southampton suitable for business travellers?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Southampton?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Southampton by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Southampton hotels
Go to map