SYD - HKG
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Hong Kong
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 28% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 34% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$541||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from Sydney to Hong Kong
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $428 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Hong Kong was found 74 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is March.
- It might be difficult to choose which airline to fly on from Sydney to Hong Kong as there are so many options. If you prefer to fly directly to your destination, the airlines that offer non-stop flights from Sydney to Hong Kong are Qantas, Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Airlines, as well as Virgin Australia.
- If your children need to burn off some energy or be entertained while in transit after the flight from Sydney to Hong Kong, then look no further than one of the many TV and children’s play areas located around T1 at Hong Kong International Airport. Here the décor is brightly coloured, and the play areas have a range of toys and games to keep youngsters entertained. TV rooms are also located near these spaces.
- Travellers who need to stay near the airport can find a number of hotels located nearby. The Regal Airport Hotel is connected to T1 and it will take 2 minutes to walk there. The Novotel Citygate Hong Kong is a 5-minute drive and has a free shuttle service that offers airport pick-ups and drop-offs, and the Hong Kong Skycity Marriott Hotel is next to the airport and also offers a free shuttle service.
- If you are travelling from Sydney to Hong Kong for work meetings or business conferences, the Airport World Trade Centre, which is handily situated next to T2 at Hong Kong Airport and can be accessed via the airport express train station, is the perfect place for you to meet clients and colleagues. This office block offers excellent business facilities and conference rooms and The Terrace Restaurant serves local dishes, so you can also organise lunch meetings.
- For those of you who have limited time in Hong Kong, you can leave your baggage at the airport for the day while you go sightseeing. If you go to the bag storage counter in T2, you will be able to place your suitcases in a secure storage facility, leaving you free to explore the city. The price range is between HKD12 per hour (approximately AUD2) and HKD140 (approximately AUD25) for a day.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Hong Kong flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from Sydney Kingsford Smith to Hong Kong Intl due to COVID-19?
How long does a flight from Sydney to Hong Kong take?
How many flights are there between Sydney and Hong Kong?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to Hong Kong?
Do I need a passport to fly between Sydney and Hong Kong?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Sydney and Hong Kong?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly Sydney to Hong Kong?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Sydney to Hong Kong?
Does Hong Kong Airport serve as a hub for any airlines?
Are there shower rooms at Hong Kong International Airport?
Can I fill up a water bottle at Sydney Kingsford Smith and Hong Kong Airports?
What is the easiest way to get into Hong Kong from the airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights from Sydney to Hong Kong?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket from Sydney to Hong Kong?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights from Sydney to Hong Kong?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight from Sydney to Hong Kong?
Top 5 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to Hong Kong Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Hong Kong
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Sydney - Hong Kong Flights
- Flights »
- Sydney Kingsford Smith
- Flights »
- Flights to Hong Kong Intl
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.