SYD - YVR
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Vancouver Airport
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 16% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 26% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$1033||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from Sydney to Vancouver Intl
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $922 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Vancouver Airport was found 84 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is March.
- Sydney Kingsford Smith (SYD) is the main airport serving Sydney and the surrounding areas. The airport has three passenger terminals serving international and domestic destinations.
- Due to the International Terminal (Terminal 1) being separate from the two Domestic Terminals, connecting passengers at Sydney Airport should allow for longer transfer times between terminals.
- There are several lounges at Sydney Airport. In Terminal 1, passengers can benefit from the eight lounges available, depending on which airline they have chosen. There are lounges for Emirates, SkyTeam, Singapore Airlines, Air New Zealand, American Express, Etihad Airways, and two lounges for Qantas.
- Terminal 2 of the Sydney Airport is situated in the northeastern area of the airport and serves 5 airlines—Regional Express Airlines, Virgin Australia, FlyPelican, Tigerair Australia, and Jetstar, and the former 2 airlines have airport lounges. Terminal 3 services Qantas Airways exclusively and has an airport lounge for Qantas Club members, as well as two additional lounges, the Chairman’s lounge and the Business Class lounge.
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is the main international airport that serves Vancouver and is located around 12 km away from downtown Vancouver. As the second busiest airport in Canada, the Vancouver airport has three terminals—Domestic, International, and the South Terminal. The former two terminals are joined and are collectively referred to as ‘The Main Terminal’.
- The South Terminal of Vancouver Airport is known as ‘Airport South’ and caters to regional airlines that predominantly fly within British Columbia, including Central Mountain Air and Pacific Coastal Airlines. If you're travelling onwards from Vancouver, consider the transfer time within terminals when booking connections.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Vancouver Airport flights
Are flight prices cheaper from Sydney to Vancouver Airport because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
How long does a flight from Sydney to Vancouver Airport take?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to Vancouver Airport?
Do I need a passport to fly between Sydney and Vancouver Airport?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly Sydney to Vancouver Airport?
Can I fly from Sydney Kingsford Smith (SYD) to Vancouver Airport (YVR) directly?
Which terminals are best to fly into at Vancouver Airport (YVR) for connecting flights?
Are there any onsite hotels at Vancouver Airport (YVR)?
Are there any special attractions at Sydney Airport (SYD)?
What are the best transportation routes from Vancouver Airport (YVR)?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to Vancouver Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Vancouver Airport (round-trip)
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Vancouver Airport (one-way)
Sydney - Vancouver Airport Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.