Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Cambridge
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 66% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 14% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$367||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$264||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Cambridge hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Cambridge hotel
- The best neighborhood in Cambridge for tourists is Harvard Square. There is a good choice of hotels in Cambridge located close to the main attractions. Stay at Harvard Square Hotel located close to Harvard University and John F. Kennedy Park on the Charles River, which is perfect for sightseeing. Sheraton Commander Hotel is also close by and overlooks Cambridge Common Park, as well as being half a mile from the Harvard Museum of Natural History.
- If you are looking to shop on your visit to Cambridge, you should look for hotels in East Cambridge. Kimpton Marlowe Hotel is conveniently located near the CambridgeSide shopping mall, which has over 100 stores and restaurants and is close to the CambridgeSide Galleria. Less than a mile up Cambridge Street is another shopping outlet, Twin City Plaza. The nearest hotel to this outdoor mall is Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston.
- When you are looking for hotels in downtown Cambridge you should try to stay near Harvard Yard, at the heart of the city. Centrally located hotels in this area include 4-star The Charles Hotel, which boasts a jazz club and several restaurants and old New England themed Hotel Veritas with 3-stars.
- Rich in cultural attractions, Cambridge is home to a variety of museums, with the majority located close to Harvard University. Within its grounds, the Harvard Art Museums is comprised of three museums: the Fogg Museum, the Arthur M. Sackler Museum and the Busch-Reisinger Museum, as well as four research centers. Look at booking hotels in Harvard Square, like A Friendly Inn at Harvard Square, which is only a two-minute walk away.
- For cheap hotels in Cambridge, you should plan to visit in late summer when the average temperature is 73 °F and the tourist crowds are less. Avoid staying in the center of Cambridge and opt for south of the river, near Fenway Park, like the Best Western Cambridge University Hotel, which is just 3 miles outside of Cambridge.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Cambridge
Are hotels in Cambridge safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Cambridge?
What are the best hotels near Harvard University?
Where is the best place to stay in Cambridge to use public transit?
Which are the best hotels in Cambridge with swimming pools?
Are there any family-friendly hotels in Cambridge?
Which part of Cambridge has the most history?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Cambridge?
Our Heatmaps tool will help you find the perfect place to stay in Cambridge by showing you how close hotel options are to major activities
Best Cambridge hotelsLocated near Harvard and Tufts universities, our industrial-chic hotel blends the history of Cambridge with all the modern comforts you expect. Freepoint Hotel features: -Pet-friendly -Free WiFi -24-hour fitness center -Free two-mile shuttle -Twenty minutes from the airport find smart comforts and minimalist vibes in our rooms and suites inspired by art and technology. Freepoint Kitchen & Cocktails serves up global flavors from local ingredients. Or dine in total comfort with room service specialties. For weddings and events, we offer three distinct venues including landscaped gardens and open-plan spaces. Get around our bustling collegiate neighborhood with our free two-mile shuttle or cross the Charles River to Boston’s historic Beacon Hill in less than 15 minutes. Check availability
Go to map
Most recommended Cambridge hotelsShow all
Best Economy Hotel
Sophisticated and contemporary, Hyatt Regency Cambridge is a stylish hotel overlooking the Boston skyline. A proud recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award, the Boston hotel features rooms with breathtaking views of the scenic Charles River and downtown Boston. Nestled between legendary colleges and universities and conveniently located just minutes from historic attractions our Cambridge hotel is the ideal place to conduct business, academic pursuits or leisure and exploration in Boston. Check availability
Anchoring the renowned University Park at MIT, Le Méridien Cambridge-MIT stands amidst an area legendary for its infrastructure of invention. The Boston/Cambridge area is a cultural capital of the US including world-renowned music ensembles like The Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Handel and Haydn Society, in addition to hundreds of museums, such as the Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Science and the Children's Museum. Le Méridien Cambridge-MIT's elegant guest rooms and suites offer a place of luxurious sanctuary and unmatched comfort. Check availability
Freepoint Hotel Cambridge, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Fresh Pond - Strawberry Hill $268+
$268+ Check availability
Best rooms in Cambridge
Best Boutique Hotel
With a stay at The Kendall Hotel in Cambridge (MIT), you'll be a 4-minute walk from Kendall Square and 9 minutes by foot from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite. Check availability
Best Business Hotel
With a stay at The Charles Hotel, you'll be centrally located in Cambridge, a 5-minute walk from Harvard University and a 5-minute drive from Fenway Park. Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Cambridge? This hotel has facilities measuring 18000 square feet (1672 square meters), including conference space. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite. Check availability
Experience a new way to hotel at the AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Cambridge. A hotel with 150 thoughtfully designed guest rooms and over 4,500 sq. ft. of dynamic meeting space. Located in North Cambridge’s Discovery Park, enjoy the convenience of the Alewife T Station, a 10 minute walk from the hotel. AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Cambridge was built from the ground up with a visionary spirit and a designers’ eye. An experience designed to give you the essentials of a beautiful stay from the European inspired continental breakfast to the buzz of the AC Lounge with signature cocktails and tapas. Take a moment of pause to unpack and explore a new way to hotel in the guest rooms. Unwind in a sleek and modern atmosphere with flexible work spaces. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and a 51-inch LED flat screen internet TV perfect for streaming Netflix and Hulu. Take advantage of the 24/7 fitness facility with state of the art cardio equipment and free weights. Also enjoy the heated salt water infused pool. Check availability
Best Family Hotel
Experience a refreshing getaway at Residence Inn Boston Cambridge. Relax and recharge in expansive apartment-style hotel accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, separate living spaces and a thoughtful collection of modern amenities. Gear up for a full day of business or sightseeing with a free breakfast buffet, serving delectable healthy and hearty options just steps from your suite. Explore a compelling collection of nearby attractions, including the Museum of Science, Boston, the Freedom Trail, Boston Tea Party Ship and Museum, Fenway Park, Harvard University and MIT. Host successful meetings, conferences and corporate events for up to 100 attendees in versatile event spaces. Punctuate a satisfying day of business or exploration by stopping by The Residence Inn Mix™ social event, available three nights per week. With complimentary Wi-Fi, a convenient hotel Market and well-equipped fitness center, Residence Inn Boston Cambridge has everything you need for a relaxing extended stay in a historic city. Check availability