Travel restrictionsAustralia has restricted the entry of all foreign nationals except New Zealand nationals who reside in Australia, and nationals of other Oceania countries who are transiting through to their home countries. Learn more
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Townsville
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 35% drop in price.|
|February||Most expensive month to stay with an average 35% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$92||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$107||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Townsville hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Townsville hotel
- If you’re looking for a spot next to the beach in Townsville to enjoy the sand and the surf, a hotel along the Strand is a good choice. Across from the beach, the Beach House Motel will put you within a 2-minute walk to the local Surf Club and a wide range of dining options along the seaside.
- If you will be boating, yachting or taking a tour, then you may wish to stay closer to the marina further down the bay. Located at the Breakwater Marina, the Ville Resort-Casino is not only across from the main marina, but is also within a 5-minute walking distance from the Breakwater Ferry. This ferry takes you across to Magnetic Island, where you can snorkel at Cockle Reef or bush walk through the Magnetic Island National Park.
- If you’re looking for a good view, Castle Hill has a good lookout point that can offer you views of the surrounding city, river or sea. The Castle Hill Lookout is on a granite outcropping surrounded by the Australian bush. The Ridgemont Hotel is 2 minutes away from the foot of the hill where you can either walk up to the lookout from there, or drive directly to the lookout point.
- For those who have come to indulge in some relaxing outdoor activities, the Banjo Paterson Motor Inn is in a good spot. You will be a 10-minute walk away from both the Townsville Golf Club and from the Ross River for some land or lure fishing, where you can catch Spanish Mackerel, Golden Snapper and Cobia.
- Townsville also offers a good cricket oval that hosts regional and international games. For sports enthusiasts coming to watch one of Australia’s favourite games, the Cedar Lodge Motel is in a good location, only a 5-minute drive from the Riverway Stadium or 7 minutes from the Murray Sporting Complex, where you can catch the local matches.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Townsville
Are hotels in Townsville safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Townsville?
Which hotels in Townsville are close to the downtown area?
Which hotels in Townsville are good for those on a budget?
Which hotels in Townsville have an outdoor pool?
Which hotels in Townsville have an attached restaurant for easy dining options?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Townsville?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Townsville by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Townsville hotels
Go to map