Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Shanghai
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 47% drop in price.|
|April||Most expensive month to stay with an average 123% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$132||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$139||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Shanghai hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
Top tips for finding the perfect Shanghai hotel
- If you're planning your first visit to Shanghai, consider staying in the Huangpu district. In this waterfront area you’ll find boutique shops and high-end restaurants, as well as Shanghai's best museums and art galleries. The Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund comes with an indoor pool and promises night views of Pudong. You might also try the Riverview Hotel on the Bund, which is close to the City God Temple.
- The Pudong area is home to the Shanghai Stock Exchange and Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone. The district is dominated by skyscrapers and well-known buildings like the Oriental Pearl Tower. If you're interested in exploring the financial district, consider staying at the Grand Kempinski Hotel Shanghai.
- To stay near the historic city center of Shanghai, find a hotel in the Puxi area, which is west of Pudong and across the Huangpu River. The Hotel Equatorial Shanghai will put you close to the Old French Concession area, shopping and fine dining venues on Nanjing Road. The Paramount Gallery Hotel is across the street from Jing'an Temple, one of the most popular attractions in the district.
- People's Square is surrounded by museums, shops and places to eat. If you like nightclubs and nightlife, this area of Shanghai truly never sleeps. Book a room at the Majesty Plaza Shanghai. It’s close to People's Square and just steps from the Pedestrian Street of East Nanjing Road. You might also consider The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai, another centrally located hotel.
- Many hotels in Shanghai offer airport shuttle services, however, if you need to stay by the airport, consider the 4 star Ramada Plaza Shanghai Pudong Airport or the 4-star Vienna International Hotel Shanghai Pudong Airport Free Trade Zone. Both offer airport shuttle services.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Shanghai
Are hotels in Shanghai safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Shanghai?
What are the best hotels near The Bund?
Which hotels in Shanghai are near Disneyland?
Are there any hotels in Shanghai with good swimming pools?
Are there any kid-friendly hotels in Shanghai?
What are some of the best 5-star hotels in Shanghai?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Shanghai?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Shanghai by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Shanghai hotels
Go to map