Good to know
Value for money
Distance to city center
Distance to airport
|"Near pacific grove and very quiet."||(in 7 reviews)|
|"Friendly staff and grounds were beautiful"||(in 28 reviews)|
|"Great location and historical place."||(in 106 reviews)|
|"Rooms in desperate need of updating!"||(in 34 reviews)|
|"Room had an odor of urine!"||(in 125 reviews)|
|"Beds are terribly uncomfortable."||(in 21 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|beautiful location||in 223 reviews|
|beds were comfortable||in 47 reviews|
|bit dated||in 39 reviews|
|close to the beach||in 171 reviews|
|coffee maker||in 61 reviews|
|desperate need||in 35 reviews|
|dining hall||in 12 reviews|
|food are expensive||in 6 reviews|
|lodge||in 36 reviews|
|monterey bay||in 25 reviews|
|nice common areas||in 33 reviews|
|pacific grove||in 14 reviews|
|property was beautiful||in 39 reviews|
|room with fireplace||in 261 reviews|
|rooms are outdated||in 56 reviews|
|rustic setting||in 9 reviews|
|sand dunes||in 15 reviews|
|summer camp||in 6 reviews|
|tv in room||in 283 reviews|
|walk to the beach||in 127 reviews|
|walking trails||in 33 reviews|
The room accommodations was wonderful and the area peaceful and relaxing
Doesn't apply to me
The toilets are child-size, very low. Taller people are challenged. I was staying in #121, Long View north. The first afternoon and night (Feb 5 ) there was some kind of thumping going on outside in the back and around the sides, but after awhile we did get to sleep. I mentioned this to the desk in the morning, and the next night it was gone.
General location, the beach, the sunsets - all fabulous. The historic nature of the place is charming, especially the old Julia Morgan structures. The kitchen staff were all great.
1) My room was very small, devoid of any amenity (like a kettle or coffee maker, for example) and, in my opinion, way overpriced. (I don't mind small, simple rooms for small, simple prices.) 2) A pity that one cannot charge a cup of coffee or any other purchase of food or drink at the Cafe/Kiosk to one's room. A real bother. 3) Months BEFORE coming to Asilomar I had put in a very crucial personal special request and received a polite reply via email from Asilomar saying that they do their best to accommodate all their guests' requests. When I got there I was told that there was NO WAY they could accommodate my request and that, in essence, their inability to meet my need was something known all along. It seems that no one had even bothered to read the request and the email I had received in reply was just some generic, laconic, basically meaningless (and misleading!) gesture. This negligence put me in a real last-minute bind. I nearly had to seek accommodations elsewhere (at some lodgings where my request could be met) and the entire situation was exceedingly inconvenient and uncomfortable. Of course, apologies were made (but no amends) and ultimately a very sub-optimal solution was found (by me) for my predicament. I ended up staying in Asilomar, as planned (I had, after all, just flown 12,000 kilometers to get there, on those specific dates, to celebrate a family occasion) but the entire fiasco was preposterous, disappointing, poorly handled, exasperating, embarrassing and utterly unnecessary. Not an experience I would care to repeat. A real shame. Needless to say, one expects better from a place with such a fine reputation (and such a high opinion of itself).
The grounds are incredible. Very close to the beach and very quiet.
A bit rustic for the price.
Great lo location
Had a room that had banging pipes, so they moved me to one that didn't
When you stay at Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove, you'll be on the beach, a 1-minute drive from 17-Mile Drive and 5 minutes from Monterey Bay. Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Pacific Grove? This hotel has facilities measuring 65,000 square feet (6 square meters), including conference space. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 819 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Asilomar Conference Grounds
Where is Asilomar Conference Grounds located?
When is check-in time and check-out time at Asilomar Conference Grounds?
Does Asilomar Conference Grounds offer free Wi-Fi?
Does Asilomar Conference Grounds offer free parking?
Does Asilomar Conference Grounds offer free airport shuttle service?
How far is Asilomar Conference Grounds from the airport?
Can you bring pets to Asilomar Conference Grounds?
Does Asilomar Conference Grounds have a pool?
Reviews about Asilomar Conference Grounds
Most Popular Landmarks
- Asilomar State Beach 0.5 mi
- Point Pinos Lighthouse 1 mi
- Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History 1 mi
- Lovers Point Beach 1.1 mi
- Lover's Point Park 1.2 mi
- St Mary's by the Sea 1.2 mi