LON - IST
Find cheap flights from London to Istanbul Ataturk Airport
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 30% drop in price.|
|August||Most popular time to fly with an average 35% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$266||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from London to Istanbul
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $205 or less.
- The cheapest flight from London to Istanbul Ataturk Airport was found 56 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July, August and September. The cheapest month to fly is January.
- Morning departure is around 5% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- The main airport that serves the European side of Istanbul is Istanbul Atatürk Airport and is 24km (around 15 miles) from the city centre and is the hub for Turkish Airlines. Non-stop flights from London to Istanbul are operated by British Airways and Turkish Airlines from Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- For Turkish Airline business class passengers with a layover after flights from London to Istanbul think about checking into the Turkish Airlines Lounge at Ataürk Airport if you need some peace and quiet. Business and first-class passengers with Star Alliance membership can also use the lounge. Here you can enjoy facilities such as showers, children’s rooms, and cinema as well as drinks and a food buffet. There is also a prayer room for quiet contemplation.
- For last minute souvenir shopping at Atatürk Airport, the Old Bazaar, with a typically Turkish ambience, stocks various gifts and souvenirs such as Turkish delight, traditional silverware and jewellery, as well as other local foodstuffs including spices, confectionary and the regional olive oil.
- As the flights from London to Istanbul take just under 4 hours, you might want to know whether the airline will provide food. British Airways has a selection of Marks & Spencer sandwiches and other snacks which all need to be paid for by credit/debit card. Turkish Airlines airline meals and drinks are included in the cost of your ticket so you don’t need to worry about searching around for your card to pay for your meal.
- For those travelling with babies and children on flights from London to Istanbul you will be happy to hear that Atatürk airport has nursing and baby change facilities as well as play areas for the slightly older children located in both terminals.
FAQs for booking London to Istanbul Ataturk Airport flights
Are flight prices cheaper from London to Istanbul Ataturk Airport because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
How long does a flight from London to Istanbul Ataturk Airport take?
How many flights are there between London and Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from London to Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
Do I need a passport to fly between London and Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
Which airlines fly most frequently between London and Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly London to Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
Are there onsite hotels at Atatürk Airport?
Which terminal at London Heathrow has flights from London to Istanbul?
Does Atatürk Airport have free WiFi access?
What is the safest way to get from Atatürk Airport to Istanbul centre?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines serving London to Istanbul
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from London to Istanbul Ataturk Airport (round-trip)
Book cheap flights from London to Istanbul Ataturk Airport (one-way)
Flights to Istanbul Ataturk Airport
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.