Coventry Car Rental Information
|Car Types||Box truck, Commercial, Compact, Convertible, Economy, Full-size, Intermediate, Luxury, Mini, Premium, SUV, Standard, Van|
|Popular Agencies||Europcar, Easirent, Avis, GREEN MOTION , Thrifty|
Cheap Car Rentals in Coventry
Coventry car rental reviews and directory
Car Rental Locations in or near Coventry
Good to Know
|Most Popular Agency||Thrifty|
|Most Popular Car Type||Standard|
When to Book a Rental Car in Coventry
Top Tips For Renting a Car in Coventry
- Do you want to visit the Coventry Transport Museum and the famous Coventry Cathedral, but also the many golf courses and nature parks dotted around the city? With a rental car, there are no limits to your travel itinerary, allowing you the freedom to explore everything this beautiful city has in store.
- The closest international airport to Coventry is Birmingham International Airport, which is 11 miles from the city and only a 20-minute drive away. Travelers can get a car directly from a range of agencies offering rental cars on site and continue their way to Coventry hassle-free and in comfort. Head to the arrivals hall, where internationally renowned agencies like Avis, Enterprise, and Hertz are situated.
- Consider renting a GPS system with your rental car for your time in Coventry if you are not used to driving on the left side of the road. In the beginning it can be confusing, but with extra attention to the road and a GPS system, drivers should face no problems. The biggest challenges are with roundabouts and intersections – remember to enter the former clockwise and to venture into the latter extra attentively.
- Rush hour usually hits Coventry on weekdays around 7-9 am and in the evenings from 5 to 7 pm. A4053 is the ring around the city and is most affected during these peak times, so try to avoid it if possible. Even though England does not get too much snow in the winter, due to freezing rain and sleet, the roads can become slippery during the cold months and extra attention and caution are required.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Coventry for $32 or less
- Book your rental car in Coventry at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Off-airport rental car locations in Coventry are around 16% more expensive than airport locations on average
- Mini rental cars in Coventry are around 77% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs About Renting a Car in Coventry
How much does it cost to rent a car in Coventry?
On average a rental car in Coventry costs $38 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Coventry?
Standard (Mitsubishi Galant or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Coventry.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Coventry?
What is the best rental car company in Coventry?
Based on ratings and reviews from real users on KAYAK, the best car rental company in Coventry is Enterprise (8.5, 12803 reviews).
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Birmingham Airport (BHX)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Birmingham Airport (BHX)?
What is the cheapest rental car location in Coventry?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest rental car price was found at Europcar Hearsall Lane CV5 6HH (1 miles from city center).
How can I find car rentals near me in Coventry?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Standard car rental cost in Coventry?
A Standard car rental in Coventry costs $38 per day, on average.
How much does a Mini car rental cost in Coventry?
A Mini car rental in Coventry costs $11 per day, on average.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Coventry?
A Economy car rental in Coventry costs $14 per day, on average.
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Coventry?
On average a rental car in Coventry costs $266 per week ($38 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Coventry?
On average a rental car in Coventry costs $1140 per month ($38 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Coventry?
Coventry has a very old center with narrow streets and with a smaller car it becomes easier to navigate through them. As drivers drive on the left side, stick shifts can be confusing as they would be handled with the left hand. An automatic car can therefore make matters less puzzling, allowing you to simply focus on the road.
What's the speed limit in Coventry?
30 mph is the maximum speed limit in the city, although it is only 20 mph in specific places, such as close to schools or highly pedestrianized areas. When leaving the city, cars can speed up to 60 mph, even 70 mph on some roads, and freeways permit up to 70 mph. Always bear the British weather in mind and adjust your speed when there is heavy rainfall or wet leaves on the road.
How are gas prices in Coventry?
Expect to pay about £1.20 per liter when refilling the tank in Coventry ($1.53 per liter or $6.12 per US gallon). Gas is more expensive in Coventry than in the United States, but these rates are pretty standard for the European mainland and the whole of Great Britain. Payment can be done by card or cash at the machines or at the counter after filling up.
Where are the best places to park in Coventry?
On-street parking time limits range from 2 to 4 hours in Coventry, and it is best to check the designated sign for details. Time restrictions apply between 8 am and 6 pm and rates are around £1 ($1.27) per hour. There are also various parking lots, for example on Belgrade Plaza or Cox Street, which also cost around £1 per hour and are centrally located.