Search hundreds of travel sites at once for lodging in Kyoto
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|February||Cheapest month to stay with an average 40% drop in price.|
|January||Most expensive month to stay with an average 43% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$196||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$159||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Kyoto hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Kyoto hotel
- To enjoy some of the local architecture and see impressive views of the city, consider booking a hotel near Kiyomizu-dera, a famous Buddhist temple that is located on Mount Otowa and provides a breath-taking vantage point of the surrounding area. The Imano Kyoto Kiyomizu Hostel is a budget-friendly hotel that is only a 5-minute drive from the temple, while the Saka Hotel is another great, close by choice.
- The Gion neighbourhood is famous for being Kyoto’s geisha district, making it a popular destination for visitors who would like to experience the city’s culture and history. If you would like to be within walking distance of this area and its attractions, select a hotel nearby, such as the Hotel Ethnography that is located right in the heart of the neighbourhood.
- If you want to explore some of the city’s natural scenery, choose a hotel near Arashiyama, such as the Grand West, a 3-star accommodation with Wi-Fi, free parking and included breakfast. Arashiyama is a large bamboo forest that contains many types of wildlife and water vistas, making it a lush and scenic area to explore.
- For visitors who are food enthusiasts, pick a hotel next to the Nishiki Market, a historic marketplace that is over 400 years old and packed with vendors selling a variety of produce, meats, and ready-to-eat items. The Super Hotel Shijyo Kawaramachi is an affordable choice that is only a 3-minute walk from the market and a 12-minute walk from the Yasaka Shrine.
- If you’re travelling to Kyoto with your family, select a hotel near the Toei Kyoto Studio Park, a theme park that contains a full-scale replica of an Edo-period village and a variety of games and activities related to this era. The Rhino Hotel is a straightforward choice that is less than a 3-minute drive from the park and only a 4-minute walk fromwal to the Saiin train station.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Kyoto
Are hotels in Kyoto safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Kyoto?
What are the best hotels near Kyoto Station?
How much does a hotel cost in Kyoto?
Which hotels in Kyoto are best for business travellers?
What are good spa hotels in Kyoto?
What are the best hotels in Kyoto near the Kyoto International Manga Museum?
What are the best hotels in Kyoto near the Nonomiya Shrine?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Kyoto?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Kyoto by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Kyoto hotels
Go to map