ATL - CHI
Find cheap flights from Atlanta to Chicago
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 17% drop in price.|
|July||Most popular time to fly with an average 17% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$144||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from Atlanta to Chicago
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $91 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Atlanta to Chicago was found 88 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly is February.
- Morning departure is around 198% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- When booking a flight from Atlanta to Chicago, bear in mind there are two possible airports where you can land: O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and the smaller Midway Chicago Airport (MDW). More airlines and flights go to O’Hare Airport, but Midway is closer to the city center.
- Park your car conveniently at Atlanta International Airport (ATL) and have it await you upon your return. At the Domestic Terminal there are Park-Rides A and C, which have a day maximum of approximately $10. Complimentary shuttle buses bring you to and from the terminal building. The Park-Ride at the International Airport costs approximately $14 per day and shuttle buses also operate from the lot to the terminal building.
- O’Hare airport has a special treat for anyone seeking peace and quiet upon arrival. Close to the Urban Garden in the Mezzanine Level of Terminal 3, you will find a well-equipped Yoga Room where you can meditate, find peace, and exert your body and mind after your flight from Atlanta to Chicago. The room is free to use and is open from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm every day.
- If hunger already gnaws at you upon your arrival in Chicago, check in at Brioche Doree at Terminal 1 of the O’Hare airport. Between 5:00 am and 7:30 pm you can purchase delectable snacks here, as well as cold or hot beverages. In Terminal 5, the Goddess and Grocer is an eatery offering a wide range of food and beverages and is open between 4:30 am and 10:00 pm.
- O’Hare airport showcases local art by established and newbie artists for the perfect welcome to all travelers. Throughout the terminal corridors and halls you will find plenty of mesmerizing installations, from a Brachiosaurus to plane models and sculptures.
FAQs for booking Atlanta to Chicago flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson to Chicago due to COVID-19?
Which airlines apply social distancing measures on flights from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson to Chicago due to COVID-19?
How long does a flight from Atlanta to Chicago take?
How many flights are there between Atlanta and Chicago?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Atlanta to Chicago?
Do I need a passport to fly between Atlanta and Chicago?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Atlanta and Chicago?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly Atlanta to Chicago?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Atlanta to Chicago?
Can I rent a car at the Chicago airports?
Is there a hotel at O’Hare Chicago airport?
How do I get to downtown Chicago from O’Hare airport?
Is it better to fly into O’Hare or Midway airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights from Atlanta to Chicago?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket from Atlanta to Chicago?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights from Atlanta to Chicago?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight from Atlanta to Chicago?
Top 5 airlines serving Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson to Chicago
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Atlanta to Chicago
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.