LON - AMS
Find cheap flights from London to Amsterdam
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 28% drop in price.|
|April||Most popular time to fly with an average 14% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$109||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from London to Amsterdam
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $63 or less.
- The cheapest flight from London to Amsterdam was found 71 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly is January.
- Morning departure is around 2% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- Flights from London to Amsterdam are available from most of the airports in London, with the majority of flights leaving out of London Southend Airport. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is the main airport for all of the Netherlands, and it is most likely the airport you’ll be flying into from London.
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is located 5.5 miles southwest of Amsterdam city, it is one of Europe’s busiest airports by international passengers. The Amsterdam city centre can be reached by the metro directly under the airport for 10 euros (£9). Tickets can be purchased online in advance so you don’t have to buy the chip card to scan at the kiosks at the entrance and exit of the train boarding corridor.
- If you would rather take the bus, the Amsterdam Airport Express bus (bus #397) offers a direct connection to the Amsterdam Central Station in the city centre. Buses depart from the Schiphol Station, cost around 5 euros (£4.50) and have a similar travel time as the metro (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Flying with children? Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is equipped with its very own children’s science museum (NEMO), which is full of interactive activities that both you and your young ones can enjoy before your flight back to London or your next destination. Schiphol also features a library in its Holland Boulevard area with plenty of books and tablets that tell stories simply by swiping to the next image.
- As far as airport restaurant options, you’re at no shortage in Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. With espresso bars, delis, Japanese restaurants and Mediterranean options, as well as fast food airport staples scattered throughout the terminals, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to refuel before your flight.
FAQs for booking London to Amsterdam flights
Are flight prices cheaper from London to Amsterdam because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
How long does a flight from London to Amsterdam take?
How many flights are there between London and Amsterdam?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from London to Amsterdam?
Do I need a passport to fly between London and Amsterdam?
Which airlines fly most frequently between London and Amsterdam?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly London to Amsterdam?
Which airports will I be using when flying from London to Amsterdam?
How much is a taxi from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to the city centre?
Does Amsterdam Schiphol Airport have an onsite hotel?
Is there free WiFi in Amsterdam Schiphol Airport?
Are there child care areas in Amsterdam Schiphol Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines serving London to Amsterdam Schiphol
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from London to Amsterdam (round-trip)
Book cheap flights from London to Amsterdam (one-way)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.