Luton Car Rental Information
|Car Types||Box truck, Commercial, Compact, Convertible, Economy, Full-size, Intermediate, Luxury, Mini, Minivan, Premium, SUV, Standard, Van|
|Popular Agencies||GREEN MOTION , Europcar, Easirent, Budget, Avis|
Cheap Car Rentals in Luton
Luton car rental reviews and directory
Car Rental Locations in or near Luton
Good to Know
|Most Popular Agency||Europcar|
|Most Popular Car Type||Compact|
When to Book a Rental Car in Luton
Top Tips For Renting a Car in Luton
- A rental car is the best way to explore not only the town of Luton, but also nearby London, the English countryside, and the east coast, as it gives you the freedom that public transport doesn’t provide. Head to the beautiful Wrest Park or embark on a road trip to London, which is only 33 miles south of Luton, or explore the Chilterns area to see the best of the UK countryside.
- All the big car rental agencies, including Avis, Enterprise, and Hertz, can be found at London Luton (LTN), which is less than 4 miles away from the town center. The car rental desks can be found at the Car Hire Center, which is accessed via a free shuttle bus that you can catch at Bay C in the Arrivals terminal bus station. Tourists will only need their domestic driver's license to rent a vehicle in the UK.
- When driving in the United Kingdom, remember that traffic runs on the left-hand side of the road, and the steering wheel is on the right-side of the vehicle. If you’re heading to London, know that there is a congestion charge of £11.50 a day for driving in the city center. Speed limits tend to drop by 20 mph on roads in and around Luton, especially in the vicinity of the airport, so look for posted signs.
- Although traffic in Luton itself isn’t horrible, there are some traffic jams both on the M1 and the M25, which provide access to the airport. Morning rush hour usually lasts from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., while evening rush hour is between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. If you have to be at airport at a specific time, avoid driving during those hours as it can easily add up to an hour to your travel time.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Luton for $17 or less
- Book your rental car in Luton at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Off-airport rental car locations in Luton are around 31% cheaper than airport locations on average
- Compact rental cars in Luton are around 49% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs About Renting a Car in Luton
How much does it cost to rent a car in Luton?
On average a rental car in Luton costs $22 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Luton?
Compact (Ford Focus or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Luton.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Luton?
What is the best rental car company in Luton?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Gatwick Airport (LGW)?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Heathrow Airport (LHR)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Gatwick Airport (LGW)?
Car rental companies that offer shuttle or pick-up services from Gatwick Airport to off-airport locations include Europcar, Hertz, GREEN MOTION, Easirent, Budget, Sixt, Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, and Ace.
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Heathrow Airport (LHR)?
Car rental companies that offer shuttle or pick-up services from Heathrow Airport to off-airport locations include Europcar, Hertz, GREEN MOTION, Easirent, Budget, Sixt, Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, and Ace.
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Luton Airport (LTN)?
Car rental companies that offer shuttle or pick-up services from Luton Airport to off-airport locations include Europcar, Hertz, GREEN MOTION, Easirent, Budget, Sixt, Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, and Advantage.
What is the cheapest rental car location in Luton?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest rental car price was found at GREEN MOTION Holiday Inn M4J4, 239 Sipson Road UB7 0JU (27 miles from city center).
How can I find car rentals near me in Luton?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Luton?
A Compact car rental in Luton costs $29 per day, on average.
How much does a Mini car rental cost in Luton?
A Mini car rental in Luton costs $21 per day, on average.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Luton?
A Economy car rental in Luton costs $18 per day, on average.
What is the most popular rental car location in Luton?
In Luton, cars are most frequently rented at Sixt Prudence Place, Proctor Way (1.49 miles from city center).
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Luton?
On average a rental car in Luton costs $156 per week ($22 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Luton?
On average a rental car in Luton costs $671 per month ($22 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Luton?
For travelers who don't require much space, a small, compact car is ideal for driving and parking around Luton and even London. But if you're planning a road trip to the countryside or to the coast, a sedan or a minivan might be a better option — especially if you're traveling with the whole family, as it offers enough space for everyone.
What's the speed limit in Luton?
The speed limit in the city is typically 30 miles per hour (mph), but it may be lower in certain residential areas, in which case speed limit signs will be posted. The speed limit in undivided highways is 60 mph, while divided highways and freeways have a speed limit of 70 mph.
How are gas prices in Luton?
The average gas prices in Luton are approximately £4.70 (around $5.92) per gallon. You can find lower prices of around £4.09 ($5.15) per gallon, and the higher prices are usually £5.49 ($6.91) per gallon. Don‘t forget that gas in the UK is known as petrol and that it is priced by the liter rather than the gallon.
Where are the best places to park in Luton?
The airport parking lot charges £3 for 15-25 minutes, £8 for 30 minutes, and £27 for a whole day. Many residential roads are strictly for residents to park. There are a few parking lots in town, such as the NCP Car Park Luton Regent Street or at Luton Station, where parking rates are usually between £2 and £3 for two hours.