NYC - CUN
Find cheap flights from New York to Cancún
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 31% drop in price.|
|December||Most popular time to fly with an average 31% increase in price.|
Average price of a round-trip
|$374||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
When to book flights from New York to Cancún
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $270 or less.
- The cheapest flight from New York to Cancún was found 13 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is March.
- Morning departure is around 134% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- Flights from New York to Cancun depart from JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark. Remember to fill in your Tourist Card (Official Entry Immigration Form) and present it with your passport on arrival. These are available online, from travel agencies and airlines, or at the point of entry.
- Once you arrive at Cancun International Airport in Mexico, you will need a transfer service to get to your hotel or accommodation. Many people book a private transfer in advance but you can also find shuttles to hotels at the airport. Ado buses run every 30-45 minutes and go directly to the bus stations in downtown Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
- Are you flying Delta from New York to Cancun? Visit the Delta Sky Club in Terminal 4 of JFK Airport before you depart. Amenities include healthy refreshments, premium drinks, comfortable lounges, complimentary Wi-Fi, and shower facilities. Access to the lounge is available via yearly membership or a single visit pass.
- If you’re feeling peckish before your flight from New York to Cancun, there are plenty of dining options at JFK. Have a cocktail and choose from a selection of international cuisine, savor a New York hot dog, or simply get a coffee and donut to go. There are plenty of family-friendly food establishments if you’re traveling with children.
- Are you departing from Newark and are pressed for time? The AtYourGate app allows travelers to order food from participating restaurants inside the Newark Liberty International Airport, which will be delivered directly to your departure gate. You can also order last-minute travel essentials, a snack for the plane, a bottle of water, or your favorite coffee from participating airport retailers -- and have it delivered before you board your flight.
FAQs for booking New York to Cancún flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from New York to Cancun due to COVID-19?
Which airlines apply social distancing measures on flights from New York to Cancun due to COVID-19?
How long does a flight from New York to Cancún take?
How many flights are there between New York and Cancún?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from New York to Cancún?
Do I need a passport to fly between New York and Cancún?
Which airlines fly most frequently between New York and Cancún?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly New York to Cancún?
Which airports will I be using when flying from New York to Cancún?
Can I fly directly from New York to Cancun?
Where can I find a private space to make a call or get some work done at LaGuardia?
What kind of facilities are available for those traveling with pets?
Is there Wi-Fi available at the airports in New York?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights from New York to Cancún?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket from New York to Cancún?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights from New York to Cancún?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight from New York to Cancún?
Top 5 airlines serving New York to Cancun
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from New York to Cancún
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.